Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

About to Die!!!!

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hello everyone. I can't even type really good right now as tears are covering my eyes and and I can barely see the keyboard. I'm a 16 year old male and ever since I came from my country, everything changed. I used to be the smartes kid in class for 4 years from 1st grade until 4th, until we came to the us. When I came here we had to wake up for school at 6:00 am and in my country we woke up at 12:00. This was the hardest thing I had to overcome in my life. I failed 5th grade because of poor english. Every day waking up for school was like getting hit with a bat in my head, and that caused me alot of trouble at home and at school. My grades droped from the highest a's in my country to the low c's d's and sometimes effs. I lost my social appetite. I can't talk to anyone anymore, i'm loosing all my friends. I began to worry about looks more than any other thing. I lost everyones love to my personality as I didn't look for it.

I left public school at 10th grade 3 years ago and it made things worse. I never thought of commiting suicide as I have great connection with god, but now i'm beginning to think about it. I never talk to anyone about my problems, I feel like they will think i'm stupid, i'm always shy to. I think i'm ugly and I don't even look ugly. Alot of people have told me i'm good looking but no matter if I look ugly or not, it has cost me my beautiful personality I had once. U can email me for honest feedback on my pic. I never get close to relationships with anyone. Every girl that I loved rejected me and that made things worse. I kinda hate myself for what it's done to who I once was. I can't sleep at night. It feels like the end of the world. I'm lonely, probably 4 ever.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Sht dude....Ur worse than me. I hope you're still alive when this responce gets to you
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Relax
Wooooaaah hun your not alone, don't feel that way. You can get past this. Do you have any ways to vent your anger and relax??? I think your first step should be that.....Try it let me know.
|

replied September 6th, 2006
Experienced User
There are the 1800 numbers with people who are more than willing to listen. Heck, we're all here to listen too. Type away and we're willing to type back. I've been at rock bottom, but I made it out. I never thought the darkness would end. I focused my attention on one thing and that's what I think about whenever I fall back. You can also check yourself in at a local hospital or other facility where they'll help you with your situation. Best of luck. C
|

User Profile
replied September 11th, 2006
Have you talked to your parents or an another adult about this? This might really help you. I really think you should see a professional about this. You really need to talk to someone. If you keep all this inside, it will only make things worse.

As for trouble with school, a tutor would really help. See if your school has after or before school programs to help you with the areas you're having trouble with.

I hope this has helped.
|

replied September 14th, 2006
Experienced User
passionflowerlover wrote:
have you talked to your parents or an another adult about this? This might really help you. I really think you should see a professional about this. You really need to talk to someone. If you keep all this inside, it will only make things worse.

As for trouble with school, a tutor would really help. See if your school has after or before school programs to help you with the areas you're having trouble with.

I hope this has helped.

some times it doest help to talk to adults. They just pass you over. Say you dont have anxity or depression. Tell you to get over you're self. Or, they're too caring and creep you out.
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2006
Quote:
some times it doest help to talk to adults. They just pass you over. Say you dont have anxity or depression. Tell you to get over you're self. Or, they're too caring and creep you out.

so that means you shouldnt even try? I think not. I know that sometimes adults dont really help. I've experienced it myself. But that doenst mean you just accept it. You find someone who does care; not every adult is that way...
|

replied September 15th, 2006
Experienced User
passionflowerlover wrote:
Quote:

so that means you shouldnt even try? I think not. I know that sometimes adults dont really help. I've experienced it myself. But that doenst mean you just accept it. You find someone who does care; not every adult is that way...

did I say dont try? I didnt say that. I just gave a bit of advice. Its up to the person to take it.
|