i'm a 19 year-old male... I do the occasional bit of exercise, get as much sleep as I can (8-10 hours) and eat a pretty healthy diet. Don't do any drugs (only the occasional bit of alcohol, coffee etc) and take regular vitamins such as fish oil and general acidophilus capsules.
But i'm just always tired and feel really drained of energy which affects a lot of things including how socialable I am.
Had this problem for as long as I can remember.
A couple of symptoms:
- tired and energy-drained
- have trouble getting to sleep
- dark circles under eyes
- eyes tend to be sensitive to light
- wake up feeling tired
- have nightmares and restless sleep (so I hear)
- common colds tend to stick with me for 2-4 weeks (e.G. Right now i'm in my second week of a normal coughing, runny-nose cold)
- not very socialable (which I think is a result of the tiredness)
- insomnia, basically feels like i'm walking around the place and disconnected from the rest of the world
recently i've also found i'm not very hungry and have a craving for alcohol.
Anyways, i've had blood tests and everything about 6 months ago and nothing was found, went to a nutritionalist and all that but nothing has helped so far.
Here's the things i've been thinking I might have over the years (from research on the net and in books):
- chronic fatigue
- depression (my father takes anti-depressents)
- candida (although is this something only women get?)
- intestinal worm (round worm or something) ... Seriously thinking I might have this as the symptoms seem to match
any help, advice, tips, suggestions, guesses would be awesome!