Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Itchy Mole In My Armpit. Please Give Me Some Info

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
It started itching and hurting friday night so I have to wait the whole weekend before I can call a dermatologist, so if anyone can give me some information that might put my mind at ease I would really appreciate it. The itching is driving me crazy.

It's brown, round and kind of sticks up out of the skin a bit. There's a slightly lighter colored bit on it that seems to be the main source of the irritation. I heard that moles aren't dangerous unless they turn black, but I also heard that itching can be bad too. Or is that just because it's in my armpit? I dunno.

Has anyone else had annoying armpit moles that itched, and were they dangerous or not? Thanks.

Mike
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Mike_Kolesh
|

replied May 23rd, 2008
I have a tiny little mole close to my armpit, but realistically under my bra strap. It itches in that spot sometimes and I wonder if it is the strap irritating it, or if it's the mole itself. I also have a small mole on left side of my bicep that itches in that spot too. I have told myself maybe it's just dry skin so I use lotion, but I really don't know.
|

replied March 5th, 2009
Mole
I have a mole under my left armpit. But it doesn't bother me i've had it my whole life.
I just want it removed because its unattractive and im really self concious about it when i wear tank tops and sleeveless shirts.
|