Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Muscular and Nerve Disorders Forum

Tarlov Cyst

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
Has anyone been diagnosed with tarlov cyst? I have been tossed from doc to doc and finally diagnosed with symptomatic tarlov cyst. This is a painful condition and no real treatment or good option is out there. Wonderfing if anyone here has found answers...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2009
Yes, I have them too. I also know how frustrating this can be. My largest cysts is 2.8cm and my question is can it rupture. In the past I have had several cysts that ruptured on my ovaries almost caused my death had t o have a full hysterectomy to get rid of them. So can Tarlov cysts rupture>
|

replied June 9th, 2010
Tarlov cyst
i am currently being tossed from doctor to doctor and they are debating if i have a tarlov cyst...and if i do the size of my cyst would be fatal if it is a tarlov if it were to be removed...they can rupture if your in surgery getting one removed and itll leak spinal fluid then cause horrible migraines and an imbalance of fluid in your spine. my doctor said if you have a little tarlov cyst and it leaks they can stop it but if its as big as mine..its impossible..
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2011
Do you have a Tarlov Cyst Diagnosis?
Hi, I too have Symptomatic Tarlov Cysts. Well I had 4, now I only have 3. I had Sacral Surgery with Dr. F. Feigenbaum in Cyprus through AIMIS Spine on July 7th and I have to admit happily that I'm doing well.

I still have 3 Tarlov Cysts in my Cervical area, with one being extremely close to my left vertebral artery.... one we have to watch closely for growth, and I may eventually have surgery for that one as well, if and when it becomes too much of a problem...

I have a blog with lots of Tarlov Cyst related information. I'm not sure where you are from, but I'm from Canada and although some of the information on the site is strictly Canadian oriented, most of the information there is universal. Take a look, I hope you find something useful and my contact information is there as well if you'd like to reach me...

I'm sorry you've been diagnosed.... its not a pretty disease, but it is treatable in some cases, but unfortunately not all.... stay positive! Don't just give in or give up. We all deserve the best care out there.....
|

replied March 30th, 2012
I have recently been advised that I have multiple small Tarlov cyst in my cervical spine....I was referred to a neurosurgeon by my neurologist.

The surgeon told me the cysts were small and insignificant and are not the cause of my acute onset of cervical pain. He also told me to stay off the internet...That surgery would just lead to more pain.
I was so anxious in his office, and over the whole situation, I forgot to ask what happens if the cyst grows? What happens if they burst?

I have low back pain too...but have not had an MRI of that region.

I was assured by the surgeon I could go back to my regular activity. No restrictions. I continued working I have a desk job, but I have basically been
babying my neck.

Do you think I should seek a second opinion? I have been referred by the surgeon to a rehab center to teach
me ergonomics and techiniques to ease and prevent more pain.

What do you think?
|

replied March 30th, 2012
I have recently been advised that I have multiple small Tarlov cyst in my cervical spine....I was referred to a neurosurgeon by my neurologist.

The surgeon told me the cysts were small and insignificant and are not the cause of my acute onset of cervical pain. He also told me to stay off the internet...That surgery would just lead to more pain.
I was so anxious in his office, and over the whole situation, I forgot to ask what happens if the cyst grows? What happens if they burst?

I have low back pain too...but have not had an MRI of that region.

I was assured by the surgeon I could go back to my regular activity. No restrictions. I continued working I have a desk job, but I have basically been
babying my neck.

Do you think I should seek a second opinion? I have been referred by the surgeon to a rehab center to teach
me ergonomics and techiniques to ease and prevent more pain.

What do you think?
|

replied June 20th, 2013
I have 20 Tarlov cysts from my Cervical all the way to Lumbar Surgeon does not want to touch them. He put me on Neurton and I will be going to have a Emu done. I have had 4 Mri's Ct, and also a Meylogram I have pain all over unable to work or function. I have faith in my Dr he will mange the pain.
|
Tags: treatment
Quick Reply