Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Ringworm

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Sad my child has ring worm I am treating it but it keeps spreading. I have done everything I can think of washed scrubbed cleaned.. My house was not nasty to begin with I dont understand why we cant get rid of this it is not in her scalp yet butjust when I think it is cleared up.. There is another one. Help any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2004
Ringworm Problem
Hi... I had a very simular thing happen... My son was breaking out in what looked to be ringworm... We used over the counter medication... But they only got bigger, it seemed. I have 3 cats which I am very close to... But couldnt find ringworm on them... Or myself... Which was surprising. Then we noticed that no one else in the family had ringworm either! I asked the pharmicist about the medication and he pointed out the strongest... My son used that about 10 times a day... But the spots only grew very large, in size. So.... I took him in to see the dermitaligist... And we were surprised at the diagnosis... "pityriasis rosea" was what it was.... There is no known cause.... There is no known cure.... And it isnt contagis, either... (and my cats can't catch it, either!) upon further inspection my son had it all over. The Dr. Said it would leave all by its self, in about 4 months. I hope this may help! Laughing
|

replied January 30th, 2011
i have a friend who has a ringworm before and its coming again and again that affects his socila life:(. He had been to differrent derma but sadly it goes away in a moment but it comes back until he followed a program. In just a week,no more ringworm and no more breakout.Smile
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur