Medical Questions > Nutrition > Vitamins Forum

Best Multi-vitamin For a 25 Year Old Active Male?

Just looking for the best multivitamin for me. I'm a 25 year old white male in good shape (6'2", 185lbs). I work out lifting weights and doing cardio working out about 3-4 times a week. I used to take "one a day - mens" for a while. I am all out now and wondering if there is something better?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2008
Humm, I used to take Mega Men from GNC, but then I realized that all the nutrition flushed out of your body, coz when you used the bathroom, you see your water come out bright yellow, hehehe. But my friend told me to try his products from his company and it works great for me. The special about it, is that it contains 100 mg of CoQ10, you can do your own research about what CoQ10 can do for you
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
Supporter
Well, for lifting weights, you might want to be sure that you're getting all of your minerals replenished as well as vitamins. So I'd suggest that you choose a multi with magnesium, niacin, calcium, etc. These can really help feed the muscles and clean the blood.
|

replied June 11th, 2008
Experienced User
Take a look at USANA. They're pharmaceutical grade and come with a guarantee. I have a friend who's a weightlifter and was extremely tired all the time. I recommended USANA to him and he gave it a try. Loved the energy increase.
|

replied October 16th, 2009
My workout regiment is almost identical to yours. I have tried everything from Centrum to Animal pak. I am currently taking Seal multi and think this has been the most effective.
The best way is to get your vitamins and minerals through your food though.
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2009
For an active lifestyle, definitely need some supplementation that won't flush out your system. Your body needs to receive natural ingredients. Sparticus76 is right, the best way to get your required vitamins and minerals is through our food. The difficulty with that is making sure you eat ALL of the required food and that it is prepared properly to get the nutrients they have to offer. The products I use are by Shaklee and they have a body building product called Physique. It's specifically geared towards those who lift weights. It offers the essential vitamins and minerals needed for that lifestyle. If you're interested, you can email me and I will give you a distributors information.

Healthy Living!
|