Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Ultrasound Showed No Stones, But All Symptoms Are There...

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I had an ultrasound last week b/c I have all the symptoms the indicate gallstones. My gallbladder was clear, as was my bile duct. My doctor said it is possible that I passed the stone. They found an excessive amount of granulomas on my spleen during the ultrasound and so I am to see a surgeon on friday.

Should I push the gallbladder thing with him while I am there? Surely there is some other test they can do. I have cut out red meat, dairy and fried foods. I occassionally get a little pit of pain under my right breast but I haven't had an attack since the diet change. And, my whole right side is so tender. It hurts to even wear jeans or lay on my stomach in bed.

Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 9th, 2006
Ask for a hida scan with cck to test for gallbladder functionality...
|

replied August 12th, 2006
Surgeon Visit
He said the spleen thing is nothing and was more interested in the gallbladder problems. He said the fact that I had cut out red meat, dairy and fried foods and had not attacks but still experienced shooting pains after eating and discomfort all day indicated gallbladder disease. He ordered a hida scan with cck without my even asking.....Woohoo!

I am not a fan of surgery but not a fan of feeling like this all the time either. The diet changes have caused me to lose 10 pounds already so I am looking at this whole thing as a blessing in disguise.....
|

replied August 13th, 2006
Re: Ultrasound Showed No Stones, But All Symptoms Are There.
schultzmom wrote:
i had an ultrasound last week b/c I have all the symptoms the indicate gallstones. My gallbladder was clear, as was my bile duct. My doctor said it is possible that I passed the stone. They found an excessive amount of granulomas on my spleen during the ultrasound and so I am to see a surgeon on friday.

Should I push the gallbladder thing with him while I am there? Surely there is some other test they can do. I have cut out red meat, dairy and fried foods. I occassionally get a little pit of pain under my right breast but I haven't had an attack since the diet change. And, my whole right side is so tender. It hurts to even wear jeans or lay on my stomach in bed.

Any suggestions?

i suffer wiv gallbladder problems and the first scan I had didnt show anything so id bring it up because you dont want to end up wiv these pains and anyone wiv this problem will tell you its bad so bring it up its better to be safe than sorry
|

replied August 22nd, 2006
sirrus wrote:
ask for a hida scan with cck to test for gallbladder functionality...

had it (ugh!) and my gallbladder is not functioning. Surgeon wants to remove it, I see him on friday to discuss it. Thanks for the suggestion.
|