Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Bottled Water Causing Kidney Stones?

Must Read
More than a million people get kidney stones in the US annually. But what is a kidney stone? How many types of kidney stones are diagnosed?...
Can kidney stones be avoided? Learn the common causes and factors that can put you at risk of developing a kidney stone here....
How do you know if flank pain is caused by kidney stones? Learn to identify the common signs and symptoms of kidney stones in this section....
This guy at work told me that his doctor told him that the minerals in zephryhills water can cause build-ups, kidney stones, etc. He said that its only zephryhills (which happens to be my favorite), and is caused by the minerals found in flordida springs.

Has anyone ever heard of this, or have any evidence to the contrary?

Thanks for any help,

travis
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 22nd, 2006
Re: Bottled Water Causing Kidney Stones?
travismay11 wrote:
this guy at work told me that his doctor told him that the minerals in zephryhills water can cause build-ups, kidney stones, etc. He said that its only zephryhills (which happens to be my favorite), and is caused by the minerals found in flordida springs.

Has anyone ever heard of this, or have any evidence to the contrary?

Thanks for any help,

travis
i thought it was the opposite! So which water is he supposed to drink, tap water? I heard tap water has chlorine and many other chemicals.I thought it was tap water.
|

replied January 31st, 2007
Kidney Stones
Hard water high in calcium may cause extra deposits in the kidneys. For breaking up kidney stones naturally try taking chanca piedra (stone crusher).
Available at www.Abacohealth.Com
here's the product info.. Http://www.Abacohealth.Com/index.Php/catid /242
|

replied March 11th, 2007
Bottled Water -- More Like From Buford's Bath Tub!!
Bottled water in most cases is far worse than your municipally treated tap water. for one is is completely void of the necessary minerals that are in harmony with your body's natural fluids. Furthermore, the plastic bottles leach into the water during transportation and storage. And most importantly, bottled water usually has a ph of 6.0 and in many cases even lower...it is very acidic.

I am a certified wellness consultant for the world's largest health and wellness company and I have a water filtration unit that sits on my counter. it filters all the impurities out of the tap water, passes through a minerals like coral calcium and magnetite and then the final stage of filtration is a bed of mineral stones which make the water more alkaline.

DISEASE AND ILLNESS CAN NOT EXIST IN AN ALKALINE ENVIRONMENT!

The water has a PH of 7.4 and is always in full supply for me and my family.

It costs roughly $ 40 dollars a year for a family of four to maintain the filters.

Water is the centerpiece of good health , so we all need to make sure that it is of the highest quality and it should not cost us thousands of dollars a year to enjoy.

All my best

www.nikken.com/gimbel

|
Quick Reply