Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

When Will My 3 Month Old Sleep Through the Night?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Anyone know when my 3 month old babyboy will sleep straight through the night? I mean he goes to bed around 10 and wakes up every 2 hours around.And sometimes he likes to play in the middle of the night.Any suggestions what can put him to sleep straight?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hi my daughter was exactly like that and she didn't sleep through til a week before her 1st birthday which was torture for me as I was pregnant with my son at the time. My son however slept through the night from 1 week old from 8pm til 8am. I din't believe other people when they would say stuff like that but when I saw it for myself I was shocked.

Babi8es really are different and I guess you lil man will sleep when he's ready. When he's old enough try giving him some baby rice for bed to settle him... It may work (didn't for me)
|

replied August 7th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yea, all babies are waaaay different. My baby has been sleeping through the night (10pm-6/7am) since she was 5 weeks. We have her on a strict night time routine. She gets a hot bath, a full body massage(w/lavander oil) and a bottle. She passes out in no time!!

She's been on cereal since 3 weeks though, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

Talk to your doctor about her sleep habits. I'm sure they can suggest more than what I have!!

Good .Luck!!

Oh, are you breastfeeding by any chance? If so breast milk is extreemly light and they are able to digest it quickly, so he might be hungry.
If he's on formula maybe he needs his dosage upped at night time.

Also, I know he's gonna hate it, but you have to keep him up during the day. Kayoni gets 3, 1 hour naps during the day and that's it. The rest of the day I keep her outside (which sucks cuz of the heat!) and we play!! Try putting him in a bouncer that has lights and sounds that can keep him awake but occupied!!

Hope this helps a little!!

Sarah
|