Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Small Hole Above Anus?

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Today I had an itch and scratched it only for my finger to have a small amount of blood on it. The itch was a few inches above my anus (on my "butt crack" towards the top). It bled a little bit more so I decided to look in the mirror. I found what seems to be a small hole about 1-2 mm in diameter which the blood was coming out of (not a cut or puncture, what seems to be a hole). It is still bleeding very little and the amount of blood is not a lot, but it is constant (a drop or so every minute or two).
Anyone have any idea at all what this could be? If it does not heal, I may see a doctor soon about it but wanted to see if anyone had any advice to offer.

Thanks a lot
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper PMI2559
|

replied August 27th, 2006
One f my friends had something like this happen, only the small hole got infected and turnd into a syst, he had to have it surgicly removed, seems if he let it go it would of had a good 80% chance to paralyse him for life if the infection got up to his spine
|

replied September 18th, 2006
Small Hole
The small hole you have is from a pilonidal cyst. Most drs will tell you they come from a hair gone wild. I had mine removed about a year ago and i'm doing great. They are called a cyst but that's not what they really are. They are not cancerous, so don't worry. The lucky ones like you and I have the small hole. The hole is where the cyst has attached itself to your skin. It's called a sinus, but basically acts as a drain. If you have'nt allready you will feel a lump about a inch above the hole on one of your cheeks. This lump will start to hurt as it feels up with puss and it will bust on it own and drain from the hole as puss and blood. It's stinks like something that comes out of the other hole back there but you will feel much better once it burst. Alot of people never have the hole and are forced to suffer. They say the pain can be as bad as delivering a baby. I would burst mine myself most of the time to do away with the pain. Just simply push down on the lump when it starts to hurt and it will burst. I almost fainted the first time it burst, about two tablespoons of puss came out at once. I finally went to the doctor after about 6 months of not knowing what it was.

When you go to the doctor you will have several options. Sometimes they will lance it and drain it. For some this works and it never comes back. For others like me it does'nt, so surgical removal is the other option. There are two types of surgery. Open wound and closed wound. Open wound is where they remove the cyst and do not stitch it closed. It has to be packed a couple times a day and takes 4 to 8 weeks to heel. Most people can't miss work that long so they go with the closed wound surgery. The closed wound is stitched closed and heals in 2 to 3 weeks. They say the closed wound has alot greater risk of infection because like a burn this has to heels from the inside out. The cyst actually digs about 3 to 4 inches inside you, so it's a deep incision. You will need a special cushion to sit on after the surgery( coccyx cushion). If you elect not to have it removed you will weaken your bodies ability to fight of colds because your immune system will always be fighting this pilonidal cyst.

Here is a great website forum for people who have this terrible cyst.
Http://www.Pilonidal.Org/
|

replied July 7th, 2009
hole above anus
i have the same issue and im only 14 and im kind of scared i dont want to go to see a doctor but if i leave would it heal or is it serious or not?
|

replied March 6th, 2010
I have what looks like an open wound exactly where you guys are describing. Its hard trying to look at it because its like 1-2 inches about my butthole. It looks like a small cirlce like .6mm in diameter. It itches alot. I have had this for the past yr or so. I can recall that it first took place not long when I decided to shave my rear, cuz the hair back there was annoying. Then I noticed I was bleedig from the shaving. I guesssed I used the razor in a sensitive place. I thought nothing of it, cuz I thought that it would heal. About 2 weeks later, I have this crazy itch. What should I do? I dont feel any lumps or anything
|

replied July 30th, 2011
i have a small hole above my anus, almost 2cm below the top of my buttocks. It is 1-2 mm. It is at the bottom of a centimeter long burst in my butt crack. It does not bleed, nor is there any !**@! don't have a bump 1-2 inches above it in my back or butt cheek. Yet, the hole itself sounds the same as described above. Is this possibly the start of Pilonidal cyst? Does anyone have other ideas?
|

replied June 27th, 2014
Ok this is embarrassing but I have a hole about the size of a small pea above my anus towards my back. It hurts to sit down on anything, soft or hard surface. It leaks puss throughout the day and bleeds every time I try to sit down and try to use the toilet, which I also haven't been able to do for a few days. i'm only 18 and this is seriously kind of scaring me. I think I'm going to see a doctor as soon as I can. Can someone please help?
|

replied July 18th, 2014
anal fistula
I have some of the same symptoms - a small hole above my anus that sometimes itches. I went to the doctor many years ago with it and he said it was an "anal fistula" which is an opening or small channel where it doesn't belong. Mine is from inside the colon to the outside so it occasionally emits feces - the source of the itching. There is a surgery to repair it, but it is very painful, has a very long recovery time, and you are "no longer able to control bodily gasses." I opted to not have the surgery, but it comes and goes; mostly just a nusence.
|
Quick Reply