Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pain On Or Around My Left Ovary

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
Hello,

i am having pain on or around my left ovary, im not sure what it can be but its a very sharp pain, sometimes I feel like someone is picking me, sometimes it feels like I have a cut and its very uncomfortable Crying or Very sad , I get it every month on the same days which are the 13, 14, and 15 then it kind of goes away after that.....I went to my doctor and he recomended me to take a pap test, so I went to a obgyn and even got an ultrasound to see if anything was wrong, but she said she didnt see anything, I know something is wrong because it is a very bad pain I take ibuprofen for the pain but it dosent do much......Does someone know what it can be? Rolling Eyes

any thing will help... Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 19th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Pain On Or Around My Left Ovary
Hey, I have the same thing, it usually around my ovulation time. Are you pregnant, im only asking because of the topic. I wouldn't worry, I would however worry if you started spotting. But I do believe that it is just because in your normal body (pre pregnancy) you would have been ovulating at this time, and you body kind of still thinks that way. I could be totally wrong, but I never worry about my pain, because it only happens like a week before my menstral cycle. Hope this helps
|

replied January 20th, 2004
Experienced User
I get that a lot but lately i've noticed i'm getting it in my right ovary and usually it's always the left one. Yesterday I was at the store and I got a pain from my right side in my abdomen (but not my ovary) down into my upper thigh... Strange.
|

replied January 21st, 2004
Ovualtion Pains
Hi sandra

i get exactly the same pains - around the 13th to 15th day of my cycle, I get really, sharp dragging pains riund where my ovaries are - I have been to see my gp because I was worried about it and he told me it's ovulation pains and said it's a good sign because it means i'm ovualting regularly and normally. I'm planning to start a family soon so he told me that having these pains will help because I will know the best time to have sex to get pregnant by waiting for the ovulation pains.

Hope this helps.
|

replied January 21st, 2004
Ovulation pains are called something like "mittelschmerz," it's a condition that most women have and is not dangerous. Your appendix is on the right side of your body, so as long as you aren't experiencing escruciating pain there, then you should be fine.
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Ovarian Pain
I don't know if anyone still checks this forum, but I am also having extreme pain on my left side. It doesn't seem to be related to my cycle though. I'll get shooting pains down my thigh, even as far down as my ankle. I've gone to at least half dozen doctors, and even had surgery to search what was wrong. No one can find it. I finally found a doctor who said he knows what's wrong, and it is related to sex, speficially orgasms, effecting my left ovary.
|

replied September 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
I have the same pain. I was told it was normal and it would eventually go away. Make sure that you dont take ibprofein if your prego!!
|

replied March 12th, 2008
Well i'm currently here in alot of pain..my right ovary is the problem. However i did get it checked out, went and did and ultrasound after an experience i thought was going to claim my life..extreme pain..couldnt even move a toe. Anyway i was diagnosed with having a cyst on my ovary. Nothing to be operated on, a little fluid, but i apparently was ovulating...I have been ovulating for some time now..years actually and i find it strange that i'm just feeling this pain all of a sudden for the past couple months and there's nothing i can do but take pain killers...i do sugggest however to get it checked out by doing an ultrasound..the doc did check my intestines as well...so i do advise u do it..could be many things...mine could have been worse...
|

replied August 7th, 2008
advice pleaseeee
Im also gettin pains on my left side ovary.
ive had key hole surgery and they said i was ovualtin to many eggs and now its taken me and my fiance bout 1yr+half to get pregnant,ive got to go back 2nd september do i tell them im havin problems and still in pain or do i tell them the truth xx even thou they said they wud prefer to take my ovary away thats why im scared im only 21 xxx Sad plus now im startin to get pains on my right side xxx Sad
|

replied May 13th, 2009
help me
hello everyone, i need a little help please, my girlfriend has the same pain for now about 12 days, she took the pregnancy test but it was negative (which was good) Smile, ok the thing is she has some pink isch brown secretions trough out the whole 12 days i dnt know what to do and so does she, please help me if you know what it could be. she says also she has the feeling her ovarie is swollen.
|

replied April 8th, 2010
i recently started taking birth control pills and i started getting very sharp pains on my side, its gets to the point that i just curl up in a ball of how much pain im in. do you guys think its because of the birth control and my body is just getting used to it?? i would really like some advice.
|
Quick Reply