Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Can Body Pain Be Caused By Anxiety

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I recently had an abnormal mamogram and am in the process of being scheduled for a surgical biopsy. The nodule found is very small (4.6mm) and i've been told by the surgeon that even if it were maligant, it would very likely be early stage. Needless to say, I am terrified, of both the procedure and the results. I've had pains here and there over my body in the past and never thought too much of it. However, since finding out about the possibility of having breast cancer, I have pains all over my body in my bones and muscles. The pains come and go. I am convinced I have bone cancer. I'm even starting to think perhaps I have lung cancer that spread to the bones or breast cancer that has spread to the bones. I have suffered from hypochondriasis since I was 12 years old. This time I really believe I am dying from end stage cancer. My question is can the anxiety and stress I am experiencing be causing the pain in my bones and elsewhere in my body? I am 47 years old, don't smoke, do drink alcohol, and have had a recent physical exam with normal blood results. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 21st, 2010
Helping Hand
I have the same problem, Im 18 years old and Im having panic attacks like crazy and I've been told by my doctor and through research that these pains are all from the worrying that anxiety brings on. I have pains that come and go and sometimes they hurt alot. But I've had a physical and im fine. I don't smoke anymore and I do drunk as well but every time i'm distracted or not focusing on anything Im fine. It took me a while to realize that distractions help the most. And it also helps if you youtube or google some stress relieving tips. and most importantly try not to rely on drugs as it may help, it will leave you more and more devastated every time and wanting more (trust me). I would advise you to go out and just enjoy life and stop worrying and I promise the pains will go away. And I truly am sorry for everything that has happened to you and I will pray for you. You got this, I believe in ya Smile
|

replied April 3rd, 2010
Pain in the bones due to anxiety
When my anxiety is high, I feel pain in my bones. As soon as I wake up I feel pressure, tightness and pain in my bones as if they have been shattered by my anxiety. I started to feel it when I was 12, but I didn''t know what it was. I am a middle age woman and I finally got some relief three years ago when I was prescribed Celexa. The anxiety comes and goes, but as soon as I start to wake up with this type of pain, I know that it is time to start to take my medication.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Re: Pain in the bones due to anxiety
inor wrote:
When my anxiety is high, I feel pain in my bones. As soon as I wake up I feel pressure, tightness and pain in my bones as if they have been shattered by my anxiety. I started to feel it when I was 12, but I didn''''t know what it was. I am a middle age woman and I finally got some relief three years ago when I was prescribed Celexa. The anxiety comes and goes, but as soon as I start to wake up with this type of pain, I know that it is time to start to take my medication.

Or change your thinking in life...Remember, only you control your thoughts....You chose to stay there and it is you that can find your way to another place in time...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied April 11th, 2011
PAIN FREE LIFE
No smoking and drugs are very good signs of good health. As far as pain is concern, you need proper medicines and get relief. You can get advice from internet as you will find almost every pain solutions on net. try different websites to get pain free life.

Anwar
|