Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Choice Forum

Eira

You have confused me and really need you to explain in more detail.
What happened to you pro-choice view? I accept a womans reason for abortion if she was raped or a baby was deformed or because of incest.
Also a good reason for me would if my life was at risk the above don't know but agree with you.

A married woman who is financially stable and want an abortion because of stretch marks let her have one. To me that is such a rubbish reason.
That's a cop out of being a parent stretch woman get them and can easily get cream for them to go away.
Relationships breaking up, domestic violence I think that's wrong to abort then. A 13 year old getting pregnant is really bad but would advise to keep the baby because if she has family they can help her. She could still do her schooling and look after baby. Then again it's the girls choice I was tell say not to abort. A girl going through abortion I would recommend she keep it. Then decide what to do.

What I said before was abortion have health risk because some woman abort and are told they can't have children. Say if the woman was in 3 life-threatening position I would feel sorry for her but if she did 3-4 times because of relationship breakups then I would say it her fault for doing it for that reason. Come use contraception get your tubes tied if you don't want kid. That may sound harsh but going through abortion maybe difficult but why do it over over and bloody over again. Respect you bodies.
You said I would abort I am at college it would tear me and my partner apart. Come on eira get a grip love you are would be coping of being a parent saving yourself because you are in college. You are gone again your pro-choice believes. So I think you need to think. The whole thing is really a hot topic and I can't even think straight. You know my views.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Pro-choice means being pro-abortion at least to an extent. If you don't like abortion for "general" reasons, then you're not really pro-choice. True pro-choicers feel at the core that a woman has a right to abort no matter what; although you yourself may not personally abort for those reasons. I personally wouldn't abort just to avoid stretch marks; then again I don't plan on becoming pregnant until i'm married and financially stable. Even then I may not have children. So "stretch-marks" would never be an issue to me.

However, I would abort, right now, if I was pregnant, to avoid giving birth to a child while at college. I have too much of my life to live to ruin it now by having kid.

Pro-choice = always a choice, no matter what, even if you don't agree with that choice. To quote .Voltair, a philospher:

"i do not agree with what you say; but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
|

replied August 7th, 2006
Ok cool glad you decide you are waiting till your married then now I understand you now.

I may disagree but will respect your opinion
|

replied August 7th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I really don't know if I ever want children; but if I was married and capable of supporting the child (which, even if I got married right now, will not be for several years at the least) I would probably just keep it at that point. There is being practical, like now. And then there is just waste of human life, and that is what I would feel like if I became pregnant while married and aborted.
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Were you aware that you can get stretch marks without ever getting pregnant. I had stretch marks from being overweight when I was young and the losing the weight, I had them, long before I got pregnant, they never bothered me, I was just thankful I took off the weight!
|

replied August 7th, 2006
That is true

yeah I had stretch marks before I became pregnant so it does not bother me.
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Their are times that a woman will tell you the stretch mark story when their are times that their is more to it then the stretch marks but she may not want to let you know the whole story, such as their could be something seriously wrong with the pregnancy and she could care less if you blame her or not.
Along with alot of times a 13y/o body is not always ready for a pregnancy, their could be somethin seriously wrong with the fetus or the mother-to-be and their are times abortion is necessary unfortunately, not all pregnancies are 100% on the plus side.
|

replied August 7th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I agree with the statements about the possibility of stretch marks without going through pregnancy. I have stretch marks on my abdomen from weight I lost a couple years ago, and my ex has dark purple stretch marks on his belly from who knows what. I know he sure hasn't lost weight.

It's really easy to say "well you keep having abortions, get sterilized". I think some people on here don't understand that it's getting harder and harder for women to get sterilized anymore. If you're younger than forty, you'll get told by some idiot doctor that "you're young and you'll change your mind"...As if they know exactly what you'll want in the future. Sterilization is also very expensive and, as far as I know, not covered by insurance (but ivf is, strangely enough). Abortion is a lot cheaper than sterilization, which is probably why some women prefer to use it as an alternative to tubal ligation or essure.

Honestly, I think you're insane if you'd convince a pregnant thirteen-year-old to keep a child. Who cares if their family would support them? That doesn't justify a child birthing a child. The parent would be too young to work and most likely too naive and stupid to be a decent parent anyway. But since a lot of adult parents are that way nowadays, I guess the retarded teen mommies are in good company. Also, a young teenage girl's body can't handle birth - her body isn't developed enough yet. So that would mean extra money for a c-section.

I'm done for now.
|