Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Lonely And Need Help

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I am male, 19, very soon to be 20, and I have no life. All I do is go to school and work. I do good in school and preparing to be an accountant, but I wonder if it is all worth it if I have no one to be with in life. I have very little friends, never been to a party, never dated, never done anything fun in life. I have never socialized outside of school. The only time I go out is to play basketball on sundays with a couple of people, but other than that I have no life. By not having a life, I am beginning to feel very lonely in life with no friends and no girlfriend. I constantly see people going out with friends and girlfriends, while I just sit at home hoping one day that I can be like that, but sadly I dont think it will happen. Maybe I was meant to be alone in life. I know some part of me being lonely is that I am shy and have a hard time accepting my image. I am shy around anyone but I totally lose it when I am around girls. I can never have a conversation with anyone because I constantly think they are judging my appearance. I am 6'3", skinny, wierd nose becuase I broke it, still have some acne. My wish is to have friends to go out with and one day have a girlfriend in life, but being 19 and never been kissed, never dated, never gone out, I some how doubt that I can ever be with someone. Out of all of this, I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me to help me get over my appearance and for me to be able to talk to people, especially girls. I just want to be like a normal person my age and that is to have fun. Thanks for anyone who gives advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
You answered your own question. You said you dont do stuff, dont socalize, etc so what you need to do is do the reverse and do the opposite of what you're doing. Btw yes there are people who are ment to be alone in life but you aren't one of them so go out and do stuff and you will notice a change.
|

replied August 9th, 2006
Read this book "frog into princes" by richard bandler. It will help you break your patterns. Key is you need to apply what you read.
|

replied August 29th, 2006
I have heard interesting things about that bandler book but haven't read it. I might go to the library today and track it down. Another good book to help break patterns is "been there, done that? Do this!" by sam obitz. Tao3.Com also a good person to listen to on the radio is roy masters, he gives interesting advice on how to break patterns. His site is Fhu.Com

good luck!
|