Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Is It Possible to Get Pregnant Right After You Finish Your (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I was wondering if it was possible to become preganant right after you come off of your period? I heard that you cannot concieve 6 days before ot after your period is this true or false. Please help?????
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sammisa
|

replied January 19th, 2004
Experienced User
It's not true. You can get pregnant any time of the month, it's just not as likely to get pregnant right after your period. Are you having symptoms?
|

I was had nausa yesturday but that is way too soon. I think it could be my mind playing tricks on me. I am very scared but it too soon to find out if I am or not, yet waiting until next month will only drive me crazy.
|

Experienced User
Are you ttc? When was your last period?
|

The 1st day of my last period was jan 10th and the day I may have concieved was jan 17th. Do you think there is any chance?
|

Experienced User
Yes!!!! You can become pregnant, and this I know .. I am speaking from experience !! Lol.... My mom told me, "you can't get pregnant the day after your period" so guess what?? I had unprotected sex the day after my period, and then guess what?? Well that baby is now 6.. I just think my mom wanted a grandbaby.. Lol that s why she said I couldn't .. But yes yes yes !! You can can can... Wink
|

Experienced User
Ok, this may sound stupid but how is it possible to get pregnant when you aren't ovulating? I wasn't trying for a baby a couple years ago so I didn't know anything about anything so it amazes me that people get pregnant ever. I mean, the sperm has to be there when the egg goes through so how can you? I'm so amazed at all the people who get pregnant so soon after there period.
|

replied January 20th, 2004
Thanks for your response's I already have a 4 1/2 yr old and did want to try for a girl but I wasn't trying now. My husband wants a daughter and I just wanted to plan a little better when the baby would come, but I guess its all gods will and when god sends her or him we will be waiting with open arms. Thanks again!
|

replied January 20th, 2004
Experienced User
caracook wrote:
ok, this may sound stupid but how is it possible to get pregnant when you aren't ovulating? I wasn't trying for a baby a couple years ago so I didn't know anything about anything so it amazes me that people get pregnant ever. I mean, the sperm has to be there when the egg goes through so how can you? I'm so amazed at all the people who get pregnant so soon after there period.

many women don't have the "perfect" 28 day cycle, and many women do ovulate more than once during their cycle. It is possible!
|

replied January 21st, 2004
Experienced User
:p im gonna say it one more time. It is possible.. Im living proof.. Well, my son is living proof Laughing
|

Same Thing..
Im haveing the same problem I just got off my period thursday..The 15 and my boyfriend and I had sex saturday the 18th and the condom broke..So is there a chance I could get pregnant? And if so,how big og a chance? Like a 50-50 or what?
|

Experienced User
Re: Same Thing..
Im gonna say it all depends on how firtal (sp) you are. Like me, well, I can look at a sperm and get pregnant Laughing just kidding. I would say more likely than not, after your period, that is supposed to be your most firtal time.
|

So does that mean I could be?
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
I wouldn't get too worried yet, its not been long. If it was just on the 18th, give it a month, you will have to sweat it till then Wink but just incase you didn't know (this is for anyone) there is a new drug out that you can take within 72 hrs (or something like that) after you have had unprotected sex, and it will prevent pregnancy. That doesn't mean go out and have all the unprotected sex ya want, cuz there are still many other things much worse than a baby out there !! Sad but anyway, good luck to you. Let me know what happens.. Ok ? But I would for sure give it atleast 3 weeks. Ok ... Take care
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
sammisa wrote:
:p im gonna say it one more time. It is possible.. Im living proof.. Well, my son is living proof Laughing

i wasn't saying you guys were lying, I was just saying it amazes me that people can get pregnant so easily at any time and a lot of us can't.
|

replied February 7th, 2006
Re: Is It Possible to Get Pregnant Right After You Finish Yo
lisy28 wrote:
i was wondering if it was possible to become preganant right after you come off of your period? I heard that you cannot concieve 6 days before ot after your period is this true or false. Please help?????
|

replied February 8th, 2006
Re: Is It Possible to Get Pregnant Right After You Finish Yo
lisy28 wrote:
i was wondering if it was possible to become preganant right after you come off of your period? I heard that you cannot concieve 6 days before ot after your period is this true or false. Please help?????

look it girl it is possible I got pregnant on my period yea its nasty but it happens. And now im 13 weeks pregnant. U can get pregnant anytime of the month trust me.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Hmmm thats new... I never knew that you could ovulate more then once in a month... Wow u learn something new every day... Lol
|

Extremely eHealthy
Baby love I am 14 weeks preggers...Yay

i did get preggers 2 days after my period. Don' t know why this happens. Just does I guess
|

Extremely eHealthy
The body is an amazing thing--science and .Dr's think they have all the answers but they do not. There are no set facts in science. Every individual--is just that individual.

The reason they time the pregnancy from the last known menstrual cycle--is because it has happened at different times, for different plple, and in different pregnancy's. So they say we will count from menstrual cycle--cuz we dont exactly know when you ovulated or when you conceived, for everyone is different. We might be on a 28 day cycle and our eggs live for exactly 48 hours after it escapes the ovary. Then we would know within days of our ovulation and our conception day. But we may also never ovulate at the same time, we may expell numerous eggs thru out the month, we may have just come off of b/c and ovulated within days of that--and may not be anywhere near our regular cycle, we may have just miscarried or had a baby--and my ovulate within days of that also.

This is why they measure from our last know menstual cycle--because they do not know for sure. They say it is this way or that--but it is not true. "no set facts in science" especially with the .God factor--and that amazing human body.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Karen Stewart
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile