Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Breast Feeding

Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....
User Profile
Hey girls...It's been a looong time since i've been on here! I was here a lot last year at this time when trying to get pregnant and now I have a 3 week old little boy!
Just a question for you moms who are breast feeding or have in the past. It's going pretty well for us. The only thing is I leak a lot at night because he is such a good sleeper! Last night he slept 8 hours again and by morning, I was soaked! I do wear nursing pads with my bra at night but it leaked right through. Does this go on the entire time i'm nursing? I hope to nurse until he is a year old but will I be wearing a bra 24/7 for the next year? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks girls! :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Completely normal some ppl leak more than other, I used to leak when the neighbors colikcy kid cried lol
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2006
Supporter
I don't know if it's different for everyone, but this is going by what my sister has told me.. The leaking will stop when your baby starts eating baby food as well as breast milk, because you won't be producing as much then.
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2006
Supporter
Hey .Steph!

If you find it uncomfortable or bothersome, wake up to pump. Noah's not starving, that's for sure lol.
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks! It's nice to know i'm not the only one! Lol.
Michelle...I've been thinking of doing that! How are you feeling?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2006
Supporter
Like crap lol.

I can't wait to breastfeed again!!! I love the bond! How is everything else going?
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry you are feeling like crap! Morning sickness? Everything here is going really well! He is such a good baby! When he sleeps that long it worries me a little! I always get up to check on him. Lol
|

replied August 2nd, 2006
Your body will get on the same schedule as your baby, just give it some time... If your baby no longer wakes in the middle of the night, then after a while your body will no longer porduce milk over night... There for problem solved... But don't worry about other feeding times, say he wakes at 7am everyday and wants to eat right away, well your body will know that, and your milk will be there.... So don't worry and just try to deal with the leaking for now.... After a week, maybe a little more, it will get better
also have you tryed to "empty" your breast right before you go to bed? Feeding or pumping can help....

Good luck
|

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2006
Supporter
pooh-bear-2000 wrote:
sorry you are feeling like crap! Morning sickness? Everything here is going really well! He is such a good baby! When he sleeps that long it worries me a little! I always get up to check on him. Lol

lack of life lol. I have absolutely no energy! It sucks!!!!!! It takes everything out of me just to get out of bed :(. I feel nauseous sporadically throughout the day, but I haven't thrown up!!!

Isn't it crazy how your life revolves around a tiny humane being?
|
Quick Reply