Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Drunk Too Much Castor Oil What Do I Do?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I'm on the depo provera shot but this summer I really thought that I was pregnant so I drunk a lot of castor oil. Damn near the whole bottle and now my stomach hurts. Two of my friends took castor oil when they were pregnant during their first few weeks of their pregnancy and they miscarried. I was there and I figured hey if they could do I could do it also. But the only problem is I did'nt miscarry I have been doing alot of bleeding now and then but I haven't miscarried. So now im thinking that I wasn't pregnant in the first place.However that's not my concern my concern is that my stomach hurts and I wanna know if you drink alot of castor oil can it mess up your stomach?????????
Please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper TieeshaCrayon
|

replied August 1st, 2006
Experienced User
You know you are one sick person for trying to m/c that way. If you don't want to have a baby don't have sex, no birthcontrol is ever 100% effective. So do me a favor and don't have sex unless you are going to face the fact that it can cause pregnancy. I would advise you do go to the er at the nearest hospital and get checked out cause you could have done some damage.
|

replied August 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Castor oil will not cause a miscarriage. Castor oil will give you a terrible case of diarrhea. Castor oil is a laxative and that is the effect it has on the body. If you are experiencing stomach pains, you probably need to use the bathroom.

Do not attempt to 'abort' your own pregnancy. It is not safe.

Why did you think you were pregnant on the depo shot?
|

replied August 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
You need to take a pregnancy test! If you have been bleeding, I hope you mean from your uterus. Are you or are you not supposed to get periods on depo? Bleeding is normally a sign of a miscarriage. If you are pregnant and don't want to be, just go get a normal abortion, don't risk your body with home remedies!
|

replied August 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Depo shots can caused missed periods.

The castor oil causing miscarriages is an old 'wive's tale', it isn't true. Attempting to abort your own baby is risky and unhealthy. That is why there are not backroom abortists anymore! The risk to woman was infection and sometimes death.

From what this girl said, she didn't know if she was pregnant. And if she didn't miscarry? How would she know?

She needs to go to the doctor.
|

replied April 12th, 2010
First and foremost, when you''re on the shot, you get a period about every three months. You might bleed a little but thats about it.
About the castor oil, it can cause a miscarriage, I know that for a fact. When i was 14, my mother tricked me into drinking it by saying she''d kick me out if I didnt because it would help the baby (what a load of crap that was..) Now in my 20''s, Im sadden by the fact that I can''t get pregnant no matter how hard i try and have children with my husband. If you wanted a abortion, Planned Parenthood could''ve help you go about it without the added stress. But since its nearly impossible to get pregnant when you''re on the Depo shot, you shouldnt have to worry about that. Next time, go to the doctor.
|

replied November 18th, 2011
well im like 4 and half weeks pregnant and before anyone replies ignorantly let me finish plz....well my other half got out of jail 10/07/11 and of course we did the due and before he came home i had my period but it is now a month and a week later and i missed my period i took a test and it came out positive...i knew it was a possibility but not that damn quick...ok so i told him that this is very bad timing and he of course was upset but i cant afford to have another child and bringing another one into this world would be very selfish of me...i told him i want an abortion and he said he wants a DNA...and his attitude is another reason why i dont want anymore kids by him...what should i do i read the comments on people doing weird things and what not to have a miscarriage but i dont want to do that but i dont want to prolong the situation either what should i do?
|