Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Can You Get Pregnant While On Depo

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I have been on depo shot for 11 months and my boyfriend and I just recently broke up but I told him that I thought I was pregnant. The last time we had sex was 2 months ago but I haven't been showing any signs of pregnancy. I don't know I guess I am just scared. I just want to know could you get pregnant while on depo you know with me being 17 and all.
I got scared like this because the last time we had intercourse he said that he came inside of me but now he puts it on everything that its was just pre-come. That is exactly why we are not together now because he told me if he can't come inside of me then he doesn't want to be with me.
Please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
I'm Sorry to Hear Your Story
I'm sorry to hear ur story hun..Yes you can get pregnant with depo and with any other contraceptive in the market...Abstinence is the only 100% effective contraceptive..You can buy a test in a supermarket or a drugstore nearest your area. Since it's been 2 months since you had sex it is almost gauranteed that it will show up if you are positive or negative...But since you are not experiencing any symptoms of pregnancy whatsover I doubt that you are pregnant..But I suggest you test just to be sure..
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Depo
I am a perfect example that the depo dosen't always work for everyone I was on the shot for 6 years and now I have a 4yr old boy and after having him I tried the pill took it everyday at the same time never missed a pill and was blessed with another baby who is now 3. So I got my tubes tied if this dosen't work I don't know what works I do know I will go crazy though. Have you taken a test yet?
|

replied December 14th, 2012
Did you miss any shots when you got pregnant?.. Or it can happen without missing shots?
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
No method of contraception is 100% but i'm wondering why you think you could be pregnant if you're having no symptoms and didn't have sex recently?
If you're that worried i'd suggest always using a condom as well as your depo.
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Condoms break to
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, but if she's on depo and wants to double up then use condoms too. I'm aware they break but it's adding a barrier method if she's that worried so I have no idea about why you felt the need to make such an obvious comment.
|

replied August 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
If you are at all concerned you could be pregnant, why wouldn't you take a pregnancy test to find out for sure?
|

replied November 29th, 2007
i have been on depo for almost two years and I finally stoppped, i have brown discharged coming out all the time and it suddenly stopped. it was always looked like blood clotes and my stomach looks kinda round? do you think im pregnant
|

replied November 6th, 2009
i think i mite be pregnant but not sure. ive been having sore boobs headachs backachs ang going toilet all the time and im on the depo been on it for nearly 2 years now after having my little boy and i think i mite be pregnant agein do any of you think i am
|

replied November 19th, 2009
i have been on depo since july 2008 after having my lil boy and have been usin condoms aswell but there was 1nce in the last few days we didnt use one and i have been feeling ever since do you think i could be pregnant
|

replied April 27th, 2012
this is my frist time on depo an a mouth later i stop having my period an i wanna know can you really get pregnant when you on depo..
|

replied April 27th, 2012
?
this is my frist time on depo an a mouth later i stop having my period an i wanna know can you really get pregnant when you on depo..
|

replied September 30th, 2012
Depo
-I have a question when on depo when its time for your next shot is it easier to get pregnant?
|

replied March 14th, 2013
The depo shot
Hello I got a ? They said u will get ur friend I never got mi friend can that mean I could be pregant
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2013
could i be pregnant ?
Well Im 17 and this is my first time on the shot, April 5 2013 i went to my boyfriend house and we had sex that whole weekend but i had just go on the shot in march. i want to know can i get pregnant because he came inside of me. I been feeling sick stomach pain light head pain. but i havent threw up yet but been feeling sick pretty much but it was times were i feel like throwing up.. so could i be pregnant ??
|