Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Had a Tubal Can I Still Get Pregnant?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I had a tubal over a year ago. I am 5 days late on my period and have no symtoms of getting it. I do have a couple of symptoms for pregnancy....Eating like a cow and fatigness are the two most big ones. If anyone could answer my question and give me a little info on it I would be very grateful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
Hmm
Uhh, I heard that getting a tubal done.. Cannot be reversed for women but most like its rare.. But maybe you should go to the doctor and check up on yourself.
|

User Profile
replied February 3rd, 2004
Advanced Support Team
A tubal can most certainly be reversed...Its expensive and not guarenteed. But yes you can still get pregnant after a tubal...The spot where they cut can grow back together. Its very very unlikely.

Sara
|

replied July 2nd, 2004
Tubal Surgery?
I just recovered from tubul pregnancy surgery, and I am lightly spotting after 3 days. Is this normal?
|

replied July 2nd, 2004
I had a tubal done after I had my last daughter which was almost 3 years ago. Back in march I had an abnormal period but thought nothing of it. A week later I had naseau and very lightheaded. Thinking I only had the stomach flu I went about my day. After passing out twice my husband called the ambulance. Not only was I so light headed I was also having sharp pains mainly on my one side. Make a long story short .. I was pregnant. It was a eptopic pregnancy and they had to remove it. So yes, you can get pregnant after getting a tubal.
|

replied July 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Tubals can be reversed if they are performed in a way that can be reversed. (if that made any sense at all)
but as for getting pregnant after having a tubal, yes, it can happen. It doesn't happen that often, but it can happen.
I know a woman who's boyfriend had a vysectomy and she was on the pill and they got pregnant. The chances of that are also very, very slim, but not impossible! Good luck!
|

replied February 21st, 2009
Possible?
I had a tubal 3 years ago and just noticed a couple of days ago that my period is running very, very late which is not normal, I've become very nauseated and even the sight and smell of certain foods that I normally love have been turning my stomach. I'm also extremely tired and a bit cranky. Of course, I've made an appointment with the doctor so I'll have to see what the results are but after some light pink spotting for about a half an hour yesterday, it sure sounds like the symptoms I had when I was pregnant with my other four children. So...Possible?...Who knows?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile