Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Uncomfortable

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Its getting rather uncomfortable now. Im neary 37 weeks pregnant (nearly full term! :)) and I cant wait until my baby is born. It feels as if im carrying a bowling ball between my legs and that my baby will just fall out lol my heartburn has decreased and I have started to sleep a little more but still cant get comfy with this big bump! Anyone else experiencing the same problems?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2006
Experienced User
I am 37 weeks today and feel your pain. :) I wake up about 5 times a night to go to the bathroom. I have a lot of pressure down there not to mention some swelling. Ick! It is hard to walk around these days. I am still working but thursday is my last day. Are you still working?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
No im on maternity leave. I had to go early because the place didnt have any air conditioning and I couldn't last any long in there! Yeah im also getting the swelling also, its unbearable to walk, especially with my sudden sharp cramps in my legs. I feel as though im going to keel over sometimes. Good luck with your last few days at work, im glad you managed to stay in work until nearly the end. I wish I could've (you know they still havent fixed the air conditioning at work and its been months since ive left lol) whens your due date?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2006
Experienced User
That is good that you are on maternity leave. You can relax at home until the end :). My due date is august 21. My husband is currently on deployment but they are letting him come home for 2 weeks. He arrives here august 15th. So when he does get here, we are going to do a lot of walking (and sex) and anything that will get labor going! I am hoping to have her before my due date so he does not miss it. When is your due date?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
August 23rd and I am getting really impatient now. I am 37 weeks as from tomorrow and also have my first parentcraft meeting tomorrow. I really want my baby before my due date also because the pregnancy is really getting me down at the moment and cant wait until it is over :( I think ill probably start doing anything I can to get labour started aswell, except eat spicy food (i hate spicy food lol). How has your pregnancy been so far?
|

replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
I can completely sympathise with you two I hated it when I was a few weeks away from giving birth it felt like the baby was going to fall out everytime I bent over :-) and getting up 4-5 times a night to go to the toilet was a killer (someone told me that it is practise for when baby turns up and keeps you up half the night) :-)
rosejackson - when I reached about 37 weeks I was that fustrated with waiting and waiting that I decided to mow the lawns, our lawns aren't big but they are on a slight hill, I then chased the dog around the back yard for half an hour - it must have looked hilarious as its pretty much impossible to run when your 9 months pregnant. Two days later my son made his big arrival. Sex is also supposed to be good at bringing on labour but that was out of the question in my case as it was extremely uncomfortable!! My sister in law painted their fence and went in to labour later that night - the midwife said it was the continous squating down motion that brought it on. Another women I know went running through sand dunes at the beach! I wouldn't recommend castor oil though as it gives you the sh*ts which is supposed to help get things moving, but things can get quite messy in the deliver room if you happen to go into labour soon having it - yukk!! :-) but I guess if your at your wits end you'll give anything a go.
Sorry to hijack your thread but thought some of the suggestions might come in handy.
|

replied August 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Is it normal to feel a sharp pain in your right side while having sex. I am 37 weeks and 3 days. Today.
|