Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Blackout

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Crying or Very sad recently I was on vacation staying with friends. I drank everday I was there. I injured myself in the slopes and got perscribed flexeril. I also am on paxil, however I do not take it religously. One night I mixed 4 keg cups of vodka 7's w/ limes. I had about a shot & 1/2 in each. I can usually handle this but on this particular night I blacked out like I have never done before. I don't remember anything except yelling and crying. I remember being scared 4 my saftey and was uncontrollably crying. I was very emotional. I don't know why I was crying but I remember being very upset over something. The next day I found out that I tried to crawl through the neighbors window and they called the cops. I barley remember them coming but I remember talking to them then running and to different apartments to find someone to comfort me. I also was bleeding I don't know from where or anytjing but there was blood all over the wall and door. I don't know anything else becaus emy friends have not talked to me since, I got them evicted from their apartment. I am so distraught because I have drank way more then that and never blacked out where I can't remeber a thing. Usually things come back to me later. I did smoke pot that week but not in 3 dawys of the incidence. I also didn't take my flexeril that day but I did the day before but my body, because of a past eating disorder, tends to hold on ato things I place in my body. I did however take the paxikl that night right before drinking and I took an immodium ad and ibeprofin. Please help me i'm distraught with my actions and what I did to my friends, help me know what happened. Was it a reaction? Od? Some kind of poisoning??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2004
I think the best thing you can do for a good answer for this is go to your doctor and tell him or her what you did and don't hide anything from them. I have a sister that takes paxil and she allways drank with it and one day she blacked out and next think she woke up in the er and did not know what happened. I would not mix drugs and booze together because you could kill yourself doing this or cause other health problems.
|

replied January 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Depending on how bad your eating disorder was your body may well never fully recover &may have more long term serious affects than you realize. This mixed with the concoction of drugs (medical, illegal & alcohol) that you took in a few days - what a recipe for disaster!! Which is what you have.

1) see your dr & be totally honest (i think you have a drug abuse/alcohol abuse combination problem & I worked with people in this sort of area so have some knowledge not just opinion) & I think you need to detox!!

2) detox by at the very least reducing your alcohol intake to 1 to 3 non-mixed drinks once a week. Do not drink when you have used any medication & that may mean no drinkling if you have to have the medication regularly. No illegal drugs, not just because they're illegal but because the affect of them with alcohol & so on is unknown & different for everyone!!

3) go & see (or write to) your friends, apologize & tell them what steps you are taking to overcome your problem so that you never behave like this again.

4) take this as the warning it was; stop: think" get advice: act on that advice: heal yourself or face the consequences; which could be jail, death or living on the streets.

Good luck but take action don't just think about it.
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
I agree fully with purple333. Please take this as a warning sign and get the help you need. I think detox is a good idea as well. Once you are cleaned out, you can start making better decisions for you life. Good luck and god bless!!!
|

replied January 22nd, 2004
Me Again
I don't need detox, I admit I drank alot that week but I usually drink on weekends only. I'm a college student, it's considered mostly normal. My friends laughed at the thought that I was an alcoholic, cuz i'm not. I thank you for your help and concern, really I do, but your pretty off on my character, but seriously thanks for your concern and replys. Question
|

replied February 3rd, 2004
Hazedandinfused
If your going to drink dont take any kinds of drugs like paxil or xanic or anykind of drugs, unless if you want to blackout.
|

replied February 3rd, 2004
Hazedandinfused
If your going to drink dont take any kinds of drugs like paxil or xanic or anykind of drugs, unless if you want to blackout.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov