Medical Questions > Abortion > Abortion Pro Life Forum

Can Men

Can men make women abort, well I didn't think it was right but some people on the pc side seem to think we can.

cambion wrote:
it's really easy to say that the father should be part of the decision to abort or keep the child, but the fact is that the man is not the one carrying the child, so the burden is significantly lower on them than it is for women. If the father doesn't want the abortion, it's too bleeding bad - he's got to suck it up and move on. Women have no say in what men do with their bodies, so why should men have any control in the matter?

I do agree with you that it's the mother's body, and therefore her choice...But as I said previously, I don't agree that fathers should have any say in the matter. a child should only be allowed to come into the world if both parents want it. Otherwise it's totally unfair to the child and the parent who didn't want the child.


i find this highly amusing that a pro choicer would advocate men forcing women to abort, or would it only be unfair on the woman.
Are pro choice totally sexist.Men have to pay for 18 years so I think they should have a say, would she be ok if her partner went and killed himself, afterall its their body.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2006
According to the abortion clinic its against the law. If people dont want kids they should strap up and take precautions. If a woman dies on the table, becomes infertile, or has other complications because she was forced should the man be held accountable?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 14th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
tika773 wrote:
according to the abortion clinic its against the law. If people dont want kids they should strap up and take precautions. If a woman dies on the table, becomes infertile, or has other complications because she was forced should the man be held accountable?



if she dies and it was her choice who do you hold responsible then.?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 14th, 2006
cowboys wrote:
tika773 wrote:
according to the abortion clinic its against the law. If people dont want kids they should strap up and take precautions. If a woman dies on the table, becomes infertile, or has other complications because she was forced should the man be held accountable?



if she dies and it was her choice who do you hold responsible then.?


i'm sure she would sue the doctor, but atleast she made the choice herself knowing all of the complications that could occur, vs if her boyfried told her you better get this done or will will kill you, she goes in and dies. Btw, I was on your side of the arguement or so I thought. I thought you was against forcing a woman to get an abortion, but I guess not.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 15th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
tika773 wrote:
cowboys wrote:
tika773 wrote:
according to the abortion clinic its against the law. If people dont want kids they should strap up and take precautions. If a woman dies on the table, becomes infertile, or has other complications because she was forced should the man be held accountable?



if she dies and it was her choice who do you hold responsible then.?


i'm sure she would sue the doctor, but atleast she made the choice herself knowing all of the complications that could occur, vs if her boyfried told her you better get this done or will will kill you, she goes in and dies. Btw, I was on your side of the arguement or so I thought. I thought you was against forcing a woman to get an abortion, but I guess not.




fyi I am against anyone being forced into anything wether that be a mother forced to carry/abort a child or a man being forced to be/not be a father.I believe you are pro choice and therfore posting on the wrong board as this is a pro life board, there is a board for pro choice and one for debate.
|
Did you find this post helpful?