Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Finding Out the Sex

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm almost 15 weeks now and I want to know the sex of my baby so bad! It is driving me crazy! Do you think they would be able to tell soon? How soon did yall find out what you were having?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I found out at 19 1/2 weeks. 15 weeks would be too early. It'll come soon enough.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2006
Supporter
If the baby was in a good position, the sonographer would probably be able to tell at about 16 weeks.. But it would be more accurate later on, around 20 weeks. Don't worry.. You'll find out soon =)
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
The average u/s for determining the sex are scheduled between 18-20 weeks.However, even at this time nothing is guaranteed hopefully your baby will be active and move enough to show its goodies! I found out at 21 weeks because the waiting list was long. Your almost there hang in there.
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Lol or you might have a wee bugga that lies in funni possitions so u cant tell :)) im 34 weeks and duno the sex of my baby I so wantd to know :| I opayd for a 3d scan and had 3 hospitl scans stull neva found out so fingers crossed you do hehe
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
natzcee wrote:
lol or you might have a wee bugga that lies in funni possitions so u cant tell :)) im 34 weeks and duno the sex of my baby I so wantd to know :| I opayd for a 3d scan and had 3 hospitl scans stull neva found out so fingers crossed you do hehe

yeah I couldnt find out either because the baby was so awkward and I wanted to do a 3d scan but theyre so expensive and I opted too late in the pregnancy anyway. As long as the baby is healthy it doesnt bother me
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I didn't find out at my 20 week scan either. My baby had his legs crossed and was too active to even take accurate measurements. Lucky for me though, the doctor scheduled me for another one in 2 weeks (week 23) to get different measurements b/c my baby was too active the first time :)
|