Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Eye Puss

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
This white puss has been coming from my left eye this past week and I fear it may be something serious. Every morning when I wake I have to stumble to the bathroom to wash my eyes out because they have been dried shut and then for every few hours of the day I have to keep it closed because air seems to irritate it. So far there is no swelling that I can see but it is rather red. I don't have insurance so I can't see a doctor about it. Is there anything I can do at home?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Sounds just like pink eye to me! And you'll need and antibiotic for it maybe you can go ask a pharmisist if there is any over the counter thing that might help it!!
|

replied May 16th, 2009
my eye
in the corner of my left eye lid when i pull back on it ,it releases a white pus and it smells also through out hte day it leak this same pus which is very nasty can please tell me the cause of this
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
The condition of a white puss being excreted by the eye and drying up inside the eye whilst it is closed causing the eye to 'dry shut', is actually as the result of a blocked tear duct. There a several causes for blocked tear ducts including severe sinus and also conjunctivitis. A lot of people confuse this condition with conjunctivitis when in actual fact conjunctivitis is just a reddening of the conjunctivi (outer most area of eye due to a viral infection). Hope this response helps. Cheers.
|

replied December 13th, 2011
Puss in eyes
Hello I wanted to reply to all above about the eye condition with puss in eye. I have both eyes swollen with puss coming out and both eyes sealed shut with dried crust/sand. I went to my local hospital and they gave me a bottle of Sulfacetamide Sodium Ophthalmic Solution drops. I was told to put two drops in each eye every three hours and yes,they are starting to feel better but they still sting and dry shut but no puss so they must be healing. I was also giving an antiboitic ampacillin to take three times a day. Thought this might help others that are suffering and in pain with this problem. I pray that you go and get help too!
|