Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

It Feels Like Someone Is Standing On My Stomach

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia about a year and a half ago. I had no problems with it except for the accasional heartburn but nothing I needed to take medications for.
About 2 weeks ago I was exercising and I felt a pop in the upper right side of my ribs. Later that night I began having heartburn and things just got worse from there. I also have alot of pressure on my stomach, like someone is standing in front of me pushing their fist into my stomach or like someone is sitting on me. It feels like I have a lump in my throat and it is hard to swallow (which I know is due to the acid reflux) so a week later I went to the doctors. He have me aciphex for the heartburn and set me up for a test at the hospital for an upper gi.
A few days after I went to the doctors I developed chest pains and tightness in my chest. My chest pains are right behind my left breast. I also have alot of sharp pains after I eat. I get very full easily now and if I over eat even a little I look like I am pregnant.
I have back pain also. Just below my shoulder blades all the way across my back. It is a burning pain.

I went for the upper gi today and they said that it doesnt even look like I have a hiatal hernia. So my question is...
If I dont, why all the symptoms and what could they be caused by...
It has been 3 weeks now that I have been in constant pain and I just want to know if it might be anything to worry about. So if anyone out there has anything similar going on please send me a message and tell me what you have heard.
~thanks for listening (or should I say reading)..Anyways thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 3rd, 2010
hi x
do you suffer from gasritis and have they checked your gall bladder, im having really bad back presure at the moment and sometimes its so bad i can throw up with it, it also comes at the front, i have had it where its hard to swallow and felt like there was somthing stuck for days even though there wasnt i think alot of it is anxious ness Sad xxxxx
|

replied October 29th, 2011
HELP
I have the same problem...I have for over two years. I am depressed, have lower, total back pain, pressure in my head. in my chest...my abs dont work and there is something wrong with my thighs and groin. It hurts to look at myself in the mirror, Im a freak!
|

replied October 29th, 2011
HELP
I have the same problem...I have for over two years. I am depressed, have lower, total back pain, pressure in my head. in my chest...my abs dont work and there is something wrong with my thighs and groin. It hurts to look at myself in the mirror, Im a freak!
|

replied October 30th, 2011
I binge ate like two years ago, depression and weed make a horrific combination...and I felt the food going down too fast...then a pop. Since then, I cant do situps, I feel like my body is out of line, sometimes there is an extreme burning low in my abdomen, but not in where the stomach should be, but just radiating all over, like stomach acid gushing all over my abs. There is a pain in my back, like the lower part of my body is hanging by a thread to the upper part, I feel pains in my hip joints and every now and then a sharp pain in my upper groin that lasts for hours...I've been checked out for a hernia, and test was negative. Please help, I feel like my body is split in half! I need to know where I can go.
|

replied January 12th, 2012
Sitting on my stomach
Hi I have never done this before but I am hoping someone on here has gotten some answers, I have recently developed the same symptoms that you all have talked about. I feel like someone is sitting on my stomach, pain every now and then on either sides, I have pain behind my left breast like someone is poking me, I am scared please someone have something they could tell me to either help put my mind at ease or make it go away

thank you
M
|

do you exercise? Is one shoulder higher than the other? You may have a hiatal hernia...I probably do. You also may have spastic colon, it's a common problem. You have to eat right...it's hard, but necessary.
|

do you exercise? Is one shoulder higher than the other? You may have a hiatal hernia...I probably do. You also may have spastic colon, it's a common problem. You have to eat right...it's hard, but necessary.
|