Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cervical Cancer

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
I just had a pet scan.It showed malignancy in my cervix.It also showed increased uptake in my thymus gland.However,all my symptoms do not match up with the cervical cancer diagnosis.For 7 months now I have been having severe itching,night sweats,and now have started to bruise easily.My lymph nodes started enlarging about a year ago,and I went from having about 2 to over 30.They have never hurt and feel rubbery.Now I have one under my collarbone that came up a week ago. The Dr. Didn't say if any uptake showed in these nodes.But to my knowledge,cervical cancer may cause the swollen nodes,but not the other symptoms.Has anyone else experienced these symptoms with cancer of the cervix? And should I just opt for chemo,instead of surgery,to get rid of any other cancer that may be there?Maybe my thymus is cancerous,because it did show abnormal uptake.I know it is part of the lymph system,so the possibility of this all being connected is there.If anyone can help,i would appreciate it. And before anyone asks,i have been tested for everything.All bloodwork normal,and it's not hiv,thyroid or tb related.Bone marrow biopsy negative,except for low volume of marrow.Cannot find anything out about that either. Thanks kds
Did you find this post helpful?
|