Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Wth?!?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok so my mom talked to my regular doctor last night and they came to the conclusion that I no longer have any time to waste and if I don't seriously start to clean up my act with eating right, than they're going to admit me into the hospital!! I freaked out on my mom because I told her I was going to, and have been, starting today, eating right! She said "you've said that too many times and now especially because of the baby we have to take this even more seriously and maybe that means taking it out of your hands and putting it in those of someone who knows how to deal with this the right way"....She just told me 1/2 hour ago and i've been crying ever since...How can they do that?! I'm helping myself and getting it together! Ooo I just want to scream right now!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 17th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Vanessa sweetie, I understand how you feel! When I was 16 years old, my mother had enough and she took me to the hospital and had me checked in. I was so angry and started cry and begging her to take me home and that I would eat. But huni you know as well as I do that I never had that intention, I just wanted to go home and continue controlling my own life. Going to that hospital was the best thing that ever happened to me. I finally was able to look into a mirror and see me again, not some disfigured person that I had created in my own sick mind. The difference is hun, that I wasn’t pregnant when I was getting well, so I had more time. Vanessa you don’t! Your baby needs you to get well and needs the nutrients now! Please stop crying, wipe your tears, go into the kitchen make a healthy snack and show your mom that you want to get better. If nothing else go to the hospital to learn how to feed yourself again and how to look in the mirror “normally” again. Trust that everything will get better soon, because I know it will! If you need to talk more, don’t hesitate!

Megan
|

Especially eHealthy
Hey
Van,
megan is right. Do what is best for your baby right nowm not yourself. You haev to eat, keep it down, and make the right decisions for your child. Even if those decisions are not ones you like, a hospital wouldn't be the end of the world. Who knows it might help.
We all love you,
chanda
|

Active User, very eHealthy
You girls are so amazingly supportive it's incredible...I honestly was waiting to get a reply back saying that I should stop being selfish and eat for god sakes! Even though that's the truth, you guys are really helping to motivate me to get my butt in gear...I'm giving myself 3 days to eat properly and stay healthy, both physically and mentally...If I fail in either, I told my mom that maybe I should be admitted into a program in the hospital, like you said chanda, maybe it's not the end....I'm hoping it's just the beginning, beginning of something good...I'll keep you all posted throughout these next 3 days, pray for me!
Vanessa
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hey hun... Ive been talking to u alot and I know you can do this. I know it.You are a strong person. If I can do this, so can you. Were both going through the same things together. You will just need to try your very very hardest to do this on your own.. Ive been admitted to the hospital for my eating disorder for a month. .And it is not fun.. I wouldve much rather of done it on my own... Being there made me crazy..And the people there arent the best.. At least if your at home u can make the decsision of what foods you want, and when etc, but now u just have to do it to whats fits you and your babys nutritional needs.. But anyhow.. I just know you can do it. Anytime u think of restricting just tell yourself, that if u skip a meal, your making your little hungry baby skip it's meal too. I know how much u already love your baby so just keep your little angel in mind and I know you will do just fine. This will just test your inner strength, cuz god knows we all need alot of it to be a mother*
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
So
Yes yall can do this if u have an eating disorder, just think of ur precious child..Everyone of yall are capable ..I know ya'll are..Yall are beautiful! Dont let ur mind fool you..Oh yea I got some interesting info off the internet a min ago....Low-calorie intake can cause the mother's stored fat to break down, leading to the production of substances called ketones. Ketones, which can be found in the mother's blood and urine, are a sign of starvation or a starvation-like state. Constant production of ketones can result in a mentally retarded child. Crying or Very sad
so ur doctor could b able to tell just in ur urine, so please girls, eat..Please. :p
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile