Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Labor and Delivery Forum

Lower Back Ache?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Is lower back ache part of labour and contractions? Any help will be appreciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Ok now ive got pains in my adomen and sharp cramps in my legs. Is it normal to have all of this?
|

replied July 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
You can get back ache with contractions. What sort of pain in your abdomen?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Just sharp pains, but it usually isnt as bad as my back. I think the stomach is braxon hicks but not sure about the back or the cramps in my legs
|

replied July 24th, 2006
Experienced User
Alot of women get back ache in late pregnancy just due to all that extra weight out front! Make sure up don't slouch as that will make it worse other than that there isn't really much else to do about it. I got leg cramps during my pregnancy - the midwife said it had something to do with lack of calcium I think (god it seems so long ago!) have a chat to your doctor/midwife they should be able to suggest something that may help.

Good luck
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks im just resting and keeping my feet up at the moment like my mum is advising me. It might be too late by the time I can get in touch with my midwife as she is on holiday for two weeks and its a bit far for me to travel to the doctors especially in this heat. Fingers crossed it'll get better with alot of rest
|