Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Moles

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I have a lot of moles, large ones, on my body that I find disgusting.
When I told my doctor that I wanted to get rid of them, he suggested cryotherapy (freezing them off). My mother said that might increase the risk of cancer.
So, I beg the question:
does freezing off moles increase the risk of cancer?

Thanks
sarah
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Sorry for not being too medically astute about the topic of mole removal, but I would suggest not worrying so much about what your mom says and to find out more about it from a medical professional. Maybe get a second opinion or find out if there are less risky ways to do it. From a personal standpoint I would highly reccomend finding some way to get them removed. If you find them disgusting then i'm sure there are men out there that do as well. Moles are not the most attractive thing, if you would feel better about yourself by having them removed then and the risk is minimal then go for it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply