Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Still Couldnt Sleep

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Ive tried everything but I still cant sleep! Ive tried sleeping with the pillow in between my legs, sleeping with the fan on, having a shower right before bed and putting lotion on. Its just too hot. Ive just had 1 hours sleep tonight. Its getting frustrating, especially since ive got to go out today and im going to be knackered
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
If the advice we already gave you didn't work then maybe it's time to head to the dr's and see if there are sleeping pills that they can prescribe that are safe during pregnancy.
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Ive had problems sleeping too. But its due to my bad pains and cramps. My midwife gave me a couple ambein sleeping pills and im getting a lot more sleep than before. I still wake up at least once to go to the bathroom but im not tossing and turning all night. You should ask your doctor about something like that. Its totally safe for the baby too. If you can get that take one and put a fan on you and you should be able to sleep.

Good luck
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well hopefully I wont have this bump for much longer anyway lol, everyones saying give it two weeks and ill probably have my baby, but then again pregnancy is unpredictable
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Experienced User
It Sucks.....
Last night I could nto sleep on my sides I would get horrible pains that woud start in my back and end in my stomach. I had to sleep on my back all night and that did not work well at all. I was up for most of the night.
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Experienced User
It was mostly on my right side though. But the left was unbearable to sleep on as well.
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
jgtc06 wrote:
it was mostly on my right side though. But the left was unbearable to sleep on as well.

do you have a recliner? Sometimes it is helpful to sleep in a semi upright postion. Those last few weeks are hard to sleep. But when the baby comes...Well, there isn't much sleep then either.

Its a good thing babies are so cute and loveable!
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Experienced User
Thats what I told my husband jon last night. I was like thier is a reason why babies are so dang cute.
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I promise, in a few months, you'll forget all about how awful all of the last few weeks are. Babies are magic that way!
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2006
Community Volunteer
I did not sleep for the last 2 months of my pregnancy and haven't slept since. (it feels like) and trey turned 13 months today! Lol he has just started sleeping through the night sometimes.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well hopefully ill sleep better tonight as I am so god damn tired from last night. Fingers crossed. I guess its our bodies way of saying this is what its going to be like when baby is born, uno preparing us for it lol there must be a reason for the sleepless nights before baby
|

replied July 21st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yeah, it's called pain. Pain in the back. Pain in the tummy. Pain in the neck. Pain in the bladder.

Sleep as much as you can now though. ;) these will be your last weeks alone.
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah im trying to make the most of it, but it isn't working. I have to sort out all my benefits this week before baby comes. My friend gave me the maternity grant form, which saved me the job of doing it myself but ive got to phone up for the income support and go to town for the family tax credit form. By the end of next week it should be all sorted and all ill need to think about is baby!
|