Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

Is Cramping Normal At 9wks

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am nine wks pregnant. My morning sickness has been awful I cant find anything to help it. Crackers, ginger, nothing is working. Anyway I have had cramps like I am going to have my af. Is this normal? When I went to the Dr. It wasnt cramping so I of course didnt ask and my next apt isnt til the 26th. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Cramps can be normal in pregnancy. If not accompanied by bleeding or discharge you should be just fine.

Your uterus is growing and growing is painful.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah def. Normal to have cramps. All that stretching and pulling is often the cause. Gl
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Re: Is Cramping Normal At 9wks
angelica59 wrote:
i am nine wks pregnant. My morning sickness has been awful I cant find anything to help it. Crackers, ginger, nothing is working. Anyway I have had cramps like I am going to have my af. Is this normal? When I went to the Dr. It wasnt cramping so I of course didnt ask and my next apt isnt til the 26th. Thanks

did he/she do any type of internal examine on you? Sometimes that can cause it as well. Also about the nausea if it is real severe you might want to contact the doctor back so he/she could give you some medicine to help ease the nausea. But it is normal especially if all you do is vomit. Good luck hun and keep us updated
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Experienced User
ingi wrote:
cramps can be normal in pregnancy. If not accompanied by bleeding or discharge you should be just fine.

but isnt discharge normal in pregnancy I read on the net that your supposed to have a increase of it during pregnancy
|

replied July 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
trishabunny wrote:
ingi wrote:
cramps can be normal in pregnancy. If not accompanied by bleeding or discharge you should be just fine.

but isnt discharge normal in pregnancy I read on the net that your supposed to have a increase of it during pregnancy

discharge can be normal during pregnancy, but if you are having a lot of cramping and discharged combined, it can mean an infection.
|