Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Bumps On Vagina Help!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I'm 25 weeks pregnant and my vagina's been itching for a few days. Today I looked at it and noticed two red bumps, one on each side of the top part of my outer vagina lips. They're red and itch. They don't have white heads or anything. My husband looked at it and they're just two red bumps.
My husband and I have been together for 10 years, but we broke up for a few years in between. In that time we both slept with people, I used protection, he sometimes didn't. When we got back together, we got tested and we're clean. We both don't have any stds. I'm wondering if it has to do with being pregnant. My vagina's bigger now and maybe it's because of the sweat and rubbing when I walk.
I'm calling my Dr. On monday, but I was wondering if anyone else ever had this. I'm freakin out!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I looked again. They're not hard bumps. It's more like two inflamed little areas.
Help!
|

replied July 15th, 2006
It could be many things and you're best to have your doc check it out and make sure. Because they itch (are they sore to touch? Or hurt when you walk?) it could be an infection or even just something as simple as a heat rash or inflamed pores. It also could be herpes - so do get checked! Even though you have both been tested for sti's, herpes is one of those sneaky ones that can slip by, especially if there were no symtoms at the time. It's nothing to be ashamed of, or even to worry about. Your doc will be able to treat you for whatever it is. Congrats on your pregnancy!
|

replied July 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
They don't hurt, they just itch. Since i've been pregnant I don't shave it as much as I use to. So, the hair has been growing back the last few days and maybe the prickly hair rubbing the lips are causing it to be irritated. It's just a tender, pink bump that itches when I touch it, not all the time. It doesn't have a white head or anything.
Thanks for the reply.
|

replied July 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
They don't hurt, they just itch. Since i've been pregnant I don't shave it as much as I use to. So, the hair has been growing back the last few days and maybe the prickly hair rubbing the lips are causing it to be irritated. It's just a tender, pink bump that itches when I touch it, not all the time. It doesn't have a white head or anything.
Thanks for the reply.
|

replied July 16th, 2006
Since you mentioned the shaving I thought I would mention that it is very common to have ingrown hairs cause an itchy bump too! I actually made a panicked visit to the Dr., thinking I had herpes and it was an ingrown hair. Much relief!!
|

User Profile
replied July 17th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Lol same with me I get so many bumps from shaving another things I get is body acne sucks but it happens or heat rash so get it checked out
|