Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Billiary Dyskinesia of the Gall Bladder: Diagnosis and Treat

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
I had a Hida scan done. It came back w/a 98% ef & they say it contracts too hard. I was referred to a surgeon, he said my gallbladder has to come out. I'm scheduled for surgery next week. Have you ever heard of this? I've had blood work & an abdominal ultrasound which both were normal. My symptoms are nausea, vomiting, URQ pain, diarrhea, fatty meals brings on severe pain, extreme tiredness, indigestion. I've tried Aciphex & Nexium, neither has helped. No one I've talked to has ever heard of this being a problem, but my family dr & surgeon said that it has to come out. What do you think & have you ever heard of this? Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2006
Appendix, Appendicitis, Gallbladder Disorders Answer A1205
It seems likely that you are suffering from billiary dyskinesia. Billiary dyskinesia is a condition where the smooth muscles in the wall of the gallbladder contract either too little (weak, atonic) or too much (strong, spastic). This diagnosis is established when other diseases (gall-stones, tumors etc.) are excluded. A HIDA-scan is used to examine the gallbladder function. Your gallbladder is spastic. Surgical removal of the gallbladder is efficient in more than 90% of all cases of billiary dyskinesia.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.