Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Billiary Dyskinesia of the Gall Bladder: Diagnosis and Treat

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
I had a Hida scan done. It came back w/a 98% ef & they say it contracts too hard. I was referred to a surgeon, he said my gallbladder has to come out. I'm scheduled for surgery next week. Have you ever heard of this? I've had blood work & an abdominal ultrasound which both were normal. My symptoms are nausea, vomiting, URQ pain, diarrhea, fatty meals brings on severe pain, extreme tiredness, indigestion. I've tried Aciphex & Nexium, neither has helped. No one I've talked to has ever heard of this being a problem, but my family dr & surgeon said that it has to come out. What do you think & have you ever heard of this? Thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 18th, 2006
Appendix, Appendicitis, Gallbladder Disorders Answer A1205
It seems likely that you are suffering from billiary dyskinesia. Billiary dyskinesia is a condition where the smooth muscles in the wall of the gallbladder contract either too little (weak, atonic) or too much (strong, spastic). This diagnosis is established when other diseases (gall-stones, tumors etc.) are excluded. A HIDA-scan is used to examine the gallbladder function. Your gallbladder is spastic. Surgical removal of the gallbladder is efficient in more than 90% of all cases of billiary dyskinesia.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.