Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Swallowing of a Chicken Bone.

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hello, I know this sounds terrible, but my son got ahold of a small chicken bone, and he choked on it, I tried to get it out, but I only pushed it down. He doesnt seem to be in any pain, and I called my mother in law, she is a medical assistant, and she said it isn't anything to worry about because his body will digest it, and his acids will eat it up, but I can't help but worry. Is there anything that can happen? Should I be concerned or am I overexaggerating ? Please help me. Im just so afraid that the sharpness is going to punch a whole in something.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 17th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well it is hard to help without knowing both(!) your sons age & size? Also exactly what size & type of chicken bone?? But as a mother for me the bottom line is for children's safety & a medical assistant isn't a dr & doesn't have medical equipment or knowledge to assist her to actually examine your son much less take an x-ray!!

Take him to an er!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile