Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

I Feel Like I Cant Breathe In All the Way

Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
Hello all, this is my first post here. I'm a bit worried about something, I feel like I cant take a deep breath all the way, it started two days ago, but I have had it happen once before aswell. Im getting enough air and all, I dont think its shortness of breath.

It feels like my chest is a bit tight, or my lungs, I dunno. I feel like the air isnt going all the way down my lungs and its very unconfortable and unnerving.

Do any of you know what this is or what could it be?

Any of you have had the same problem?

Thanks! :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2006
Yes I have had this once usapatriot. What I did was concentrate on breathing very deeply through the nose, to full capacity, and out through the mouth, to full capacity. (both are important) one needs to make sure that the abdomen is being used for this, not the chest. People who breathe with the chest are cheating themselves as this is shallow breathing. I came right very quickly and I watch it so that it doesn't happen again.
Sometimes mucous in the lungs prevents deeper breathing and it is best to still practice deep breathing and this will help expel the excess mucous.
Of course you may well have found the solution by now anyway. I hope so.
|

replied June 19th, 2009
i feel that i cant breath thru my nose that its getting plug and i have a cough and cant take a deep breath like if i forgot how breath i took a k Klopin ( Clonazepam ) cant afford to go to hospital don't have hospital co-payment
|

replied June 19th, 2009
lost123 wrote:
i feel that i cant breath thru my nose that its getting plug and i have a cough and cant take a deep breath like if i forgot how breath i took a k Klopin ( Clonazepam ) cant afford to go to hospital don't have hospital co-payment
|

User Profile
replied June 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Sounds like anxiety .. both of you. Go to a quiet place and close your eyes and take a deep breath .. followed by average size breaths and just think of anything ... maybe read a book. You haven't forgotten how to breath just you are thinking to much about something that comes naturally. Stop thinking about it and try to relax.
|
Quick Reply