Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Biracial Baby

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am having a baby girl in about a month, her daddy is hispanic and I am white. I would love for her to be darker with a beautiful complexion. I was wondering if there is a greater percentage of her having darker skin, like in most cases is the father's genes going to be more dominate?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
When it comes to skin coloring and the dad is dark 100% that will be dominate although maybe not as dark as the dad. I have two kids both half filipino and they are between my color and hubbys although they take some of my facial features.
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hey my cousin had a baby 4 days ago. Shes white and her boyfriend is hispanic. So far their baby looks exactly like a white baby boy. But I was always told it takes a few weeks before they get their complete color.
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
My daddy is black skinned...And desends from trinidad... My mom is hispanic and cajun... My mom has light skin normally but tans all the time... I was born white... I looked like casper but as I got older I got my color... Im a dark tannish color now... And yes its natural.. I get almost black when I tan. So im leaning toward your baby will be dark... But there are cases where the daddy is dark and the baby still comes out white. I know my baby didnt take after me.. Lol he's crystal clear like his daddy... Hahahaha
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
jen uh biotch wrote:
my daddy is black skinned...And desends from trinidad... My mom is hispanic and cajun... My mom has light skin normally but tans all the time... I was born white... I looked like casper but as I got older I got my color... Im a dark tannish color now... And yes its natural.. I get almost black when I tan. So im leaning toward your baby will be dark... But there are cases where the daddy is dark and the baby still comes out white. I know my baby didnt take after me.. Lol he's crystal clear like his daddy... Hahahaha

heheh, but then again jen that can change over time as you did. My baby will be half black and white . The father is pretty dark jamaican..I hope it has a nice caramel color but I wouldn't care even if it was completey dark...But I dont want it completely white either. I want my child to be able to identify with his dad...I dont know if you get my point lol...Ok, whatever as long as he/she is healthy!
|

replied June 29th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My baby is half white, half hispanic. She was born sort of dark, but she has lightened up quite a bit. Who knows what her future holds. I'm just about as pale as they come. Her daddy isn't overly dark, but he's definately not light skinned either. Tho she does have his dark hair and dark eyes. Her eyes went from bluish/gray to brown on a daily basis, then finally they decided to stay brown. Her hair was born almost black, but that has gotten lighter as well. Here is a pic if you want an idea.....

|

replied June 29th, 2006
Experienced User
emma2 wrote:
jen uh biotch wrote:
my daddy is black skinned...And desends from trinidad... My mom is hispanic and cajun... My mom has light skin normally but tans all the time... I was born white... I looked like casper but as I got older I got my color... Im a dark tannish color now... And yes its natural.. I get almost black when I tan. So im leaning toward your baby will be dark... But there are cases where the daddy is dark and the baby still comes out white. I know my baby didnt take after me.. Lol he's crystal clear like his daddy... Hahahaha

heheh, but then again jen that can change over time as you did. My baby will be half black and white . The father is pretty dark jamaican..I hope it has a nice caramel color but I wouldn't care even if it was completey dark...But I dont want it completely white either. I want my child to be able to identify with his dad...I dont know if you get my point lol...Ok, whatever as long as he/she is healthy!

little casey identifies with big casey to a t...Lol
its me he looks nothing like.. =[... !!!
|