Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Evaporation Line?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hello to all! I was wondering if anyone knows if dollar tree pregnancy tests have an evaporation line? I took a test yesterday morning and it was negative, so I put it in the trash. About an hour later, I threw something else away and the test caught my eye. There was a very, very faint line on the "test" side. So, (of course) I dug it out and saved it and the line has not gotten any darker, but its still there. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
What colour was the line? I think in general you should disregard any test result after the recommended time but it may be that your hcg is too low so I would test again in a few days if you're unsure
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I've herd after 10 mintues or so.. U disscard the test... Maybe you should take another one... Im sure waiting an hour is to long. I say test again... Let us know what happens.
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Advanced Support Team
Def. Retest.. If it took that long there might have been something wrong with the test. You might have had a faulty test. I agree with the other girls. Take another one and if the same thing happens you might want to see a doctor..
Good luck and let us know
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Supporter
Wow! How weird is this tazzy? Lol
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Thank you, I will def. Retest, I bought 2 at the same time. It was a very faint pink line (after sitting) and the control line was dark purple from the start. I just was not sure what to think. I have 3 kids already and have taken my share of hpt's, but I have never been able to read those things right! I have never had an hpt turn +, don't really know why I waste $ on them anyway! I will end up calling doc for blood test no doubt! Thanks again!
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Re: Evaporation Line?
irishmommy wrote:
hello to all! I was wondering if anyone knows if dollar tree pregnancy tests have an evaporation line? I took a test yesterday morning and it was negative, so I put it in the trash. About an hour later, I threw something else away and the test caught my eye. There was a very, very faint line on the "test" side. So, (of course) I dug it out and saved it and the line has not gotten any darker, but its still there. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

i took 2 dollar tree test with this pregnancy every thing showed up just fine I took to just to make sure I was seeing the bfp and sure that what they both had..

Mary 26w5dw#4 boy 13w1 day to go
|