Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Are Breast Implants Really All That Dangerous?

I'm thinking about getting breast implants, but everyone in my life is doing there damn best at trying to convince me that they are harmful and will eventually cause me trouble. My sister-in-law got implants last year and hers are doing just fine. I'm wondering if that's how breast implants go - they're fine for awhile, but inevitably they'll end up messing up somehow. I'm just looking for some clarity on the subject so if you can help, please do! :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2004
Answer Me Please!
Why won't anyone give me a freakin' answer!?!?
|

replied January 16th, 2004
Hello jhshirley,

i my self am thinking of getting breast implants... I found that they are not that dangerous there is a small chance that it could get a infection... I think that doctors today have made implants better then they were...

It is your boobs if you want it done I say go for it.. I am going to after I have my first child...

Trish
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2004
Supporter
Hey Girlfriend! I'm In Ga Too!
Have had implants for the past 4 years. Have had no problems whatsoever, other than finding tops that fit! I go every year for mammograms, and find although you have to have a few extra pictures because of implants being behind the muscle wall, piece of cake. Now, having the surgery.............Thats another subject. Worst pain I have ever endured. Was a couple of hours, and home the same day. Was not myself for about a week. I have saline implants. Would not recommend the silicone ones ever, just because of what silicone is. Feel free to send personal message and I will happily answer! I do look more balanced and feel more confident, not that I go around showing them. Just make sure this is what you really want and let it be your decision. Hope i've helped some! Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied January 20th, 2004
Thanks
Thanks for the info. Ladies. I really do think I will end up getting them in the next year or so. My main concern is the fact that many women usually have to have their breast implants replaced after 8 -10 years. Like, I only want to go through this if I never have to deal with them again. Know what I mean?
|

replied January 23rd, 2004
Breast Implants
I have had implants for the past 10 years and love them. I had my children first then got them. No problems at all you will love them go for it!!!!

I only have one problem now I just found out I am 12 weeks pregant and I am asking anyone out there if they have nursed with implants. It was very much a surprise I got pregant as I was told I would not beable to have any more children. I don't have any problems so far as the implants are under the musule wall.

Let me know if you had this problem.

Concerned

ladybug
|

replied February 17th, 2004
Hi, im about to get implants within the next few months..I found a good site that tells about the pros and cons of getting this oporation..Hope it helps as it helped me Smile
|

replied February 17th, 2004
Hi

i have had them for almost 10 years and they are fine. I am pregant with our 3rd child and I am planning on nursing and from I understand I should not have a problem.. I know a lady that has had them for over 20 years and love them. She has never had a problem and she would do it in aheart beat.

Go for it you will love it!!!!!!!!! Wink
|

replied July 13th, 2004
Please Rethink Your Decision
There are many that has had a good outcome. There are many that have bad ones. Please do your homework and choose your ps very thouroughly and carefully. Make sure they are very qualified.

There are many complications that they do not speak of...

Once you get them, it's not just one surgery and your done for life.
If you don't have any problems (godforbid) you have to have them
either lifted and replaced after a certain amount of years.

If you do have to have a second surgery to either stop leakage, symmastia, capsular ( hardening of the breast), etc.. This is very costly.

Can cost you thousands! So please, really think about what you are about to do ladies.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul