Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

No Uterus, Can I Have a Baby? (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Crazy question, I think I know the answer, but...
I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago. Uterus and one ovary taken. One working ovary remaining. I am 44 yrs old. I thought I was done with childrearing. Well, my circumstances have changed and now I want another child...What, if anything, are my options, other than having someone else host/grow my baby?
Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper teressa
|

replied June 24th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I'm glad to hear you are in the place where you wish to have another life for your family. However without a uterus you cannot carry a child. Despite the contrary opinion by one single person on this forum, you cannot get pregnant withou a uterus either.

Good luck to you whatever you decide to do!
|

replied November 20th, 2011
What if a person has part of their uterus, & no ovaries??
|

replied June 26th, 2006
Im afraid shes right there is absolutely no chance of concieving after a hysterectomy. But there are plenty of other options for you.Xx
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 5th, 2009
teressa
im 24 years old and i had a partial hysterectomy and im preganat can i carry it too full term or not?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2013
Teressa,
I know your post was in 2009---did your pregnancy go well? This is my 4th pregnancy without a uterus. I'm at 6 weeks. My first three times without the uterus didn't survive. The longest pregnancy was 5 months. They just stopped moving and calcified.
Has anyone had a full term?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2013
I am now 11 weeks along with my "NO UTERUS" pregnancy. I am still waiting for someone to text here that has had their baby alive and well....give me hope!!!
My precious cargo is moving and heart is beating.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 10th, 2014
Would love to discuss your pregnancy with you, please contact me.
Linda
|

replied April 10th, 2014
would like to talk about your pregnancy, please contact me, as I am an eager, non uterus woman wanting to have a baby, as well.
Linda
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2009
Community Volunteer
To emm- If you do not have a uterus, you cannot carry a baby to term. A partial hysterectomy is where they remove the uterus and one ovary or the uterus and the cervix. A radical or full hysterectomy involves removing the uterus, both ovaries and the cervix. While there are very few extremely rare and dangerous cases of extrauterine pregnancies reported, I highly suggest you don't even attempt this. And it is highly unlikely to happen anyway. If you have an extrauterine pregnancy, the placenta will attach itself to any organ it can. This can kill you. The placenta can detach from whatever organ it is getting its blood supply to nourish the fetus and cause massive internal bleeding. There are other options for you, such as surrogacy and adoption. Best of luck to you.
To teressa- If you truly had a partial hysterectomy and are pregnant, where did the fetus attach itself? A partial hysterectomy involves removing the uterus and sometimes one ovary or the cervix. But always the uterus. If you have had just an ovary or your cervix removed, then you did not have a hysterectomy. If you indeed had your uterus removed, you will need to go to your doctor ASAP to find out where the placenta is attached, as said before, this can be life-threatening for you.
|

replied April 1st, 2009
uterus tb
i am sufering frm uterus tb i taken akt 4 tablets for 15 day afterwords its started reaction then dr told me to take alegra 180 for one month .he told that next period u give ur menses blood for second time tbpcr checkup ,but this time my meses come but in spotting but i cant give this for test what can i do please suggest me
|

replied January 26th, 2010
none
what if u only have the cervix remmoved what is that called and can u still get pregnant
|

replied April 5th, 2010
No Uterus but have fallopian tubes and ovaries
Hyee I''m 20 and went through a medical check up when i was 16..it reported that i don''t have uterus by birth but my fallopian tubes and ovaries are working properly. Reproductive hormones also working and releasing properly by my reproductive organs.In this case can i give birth to a baby in my coming future??
|

replied November 17th, 2010
Pregnancy without a Uterus?

When I was still in medical school we had a very unusual case come to Groote Schuur Hospital. A woman had an ectopic preganancy in her liver. Tasty.

Now for those of you who don't know... or for some sicko Intern-like reason, are interested... An ectopic pregnancy simply means a pregnancy that occurs outside the uterus. Almost 100% of these will never survive as most ectopics implant into the tiny fallopian tube. At 8 weeks, the fallopian tube bursts as it cannot contain the growing fetus. Then, it's surgery and the usual save-her-life type stuff. Remove the tube, decrease fertility - but keep the patient. A delicate balancing act, no?

But, there is an exception every rule - sometimes - very rarely, the egg retrogradely moves out the fallopian tube into the abdomen and implants itself onto the bowel or peritoneal lining or, in this case, the liver...

This woman, with the help of some amazing Obstetricians and surgeons (to save her life and stuff) delivered a healthy baby girl.

And the point of the tale...

It just proves that you don't need to have a uterus to have a pregnancy... You know it's coming!
|

replied May 15th, 2012
If its Gods will for a woman to have a baby ( like Mary), then anything is possible.
If a virgin can become pregnant, than anything I possible. Ask God!! Not the Internet audience if you want the right answer
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2010
hiiiiii
first of all after hysterectomy there is no chance of carrying a baby because the foetus should grow and nurish in the uterus. And after 45 years a baby is some what difficult due to harmone changes.
my opinion is to go for a test tube baby that will be your baby because one of you ovary is working and the egg and ur husband sperm will be fertilised in the lab at optimum conditions .but only problem is that you people should find an women to carry your baby for rest of the time without any problem.
i would suggest it.
urs,
sanju
|

replied June 8th, 2011
no uterus
im twenty years old and i don't have a uterus i would like to know how i can be able to have a baby without having a uterus i want to know what i can do.
|

replied June 8th, 2011
im twenty years old and i don't have a uterus i would like to know how i can be able to have a baby without having a uterus i want to know what i can do.
|

replied June 8th, 2011
|

replied February 4th, 2012
Okay, you CAN get pregnant after having your uterus removed. My mother in law is 7 months prgenant and her had hers removed 10 years ago. It's not safe, but IS possible.
|

replied November 27th, 2012
wamuyu8@hotmail.com
hi, please let me know how she got it.

i will really appreciate.
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2013
Please update---How did the pregnancy go?
|

replied March 25th, 2012
I am testing positive in blood work and urine test for pregnancy and i don't have a uterus, and this has been going on for over 3 months my doctor has referred me ton an oncologist obgyn doctor who can't get me in until April 10th i am affraid they are playing with my life any advise out there for me
|

replied March 25th, 2012
also my whiteblood count is good, but my liver enzimes are elivated.
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
can i still have a child
I'm 37 I had my cervix removed due to cancer I want to know can I still have a child. and what can I do to accomplish that.
|

replied August 23rd, 2012
no uterus no folipen tubes can i be pregnant?
hi i am 27 years old and i had my tubes removed and uterus removed. I still have 2 fully fuctionable ovaries. My fieance says that i have a different smell down there even after duching. my stomach is hard as a rock, it hurts to sit, hurts to lay on my stomach, hurts to have sex, and hurts to eat. could i be pregnant?
|

replied June 25th, 2013
Concerned
So, if you don't have a uterus that means, no periods and no children. Unless I have one egg in my ovarie I can use for surrogacy? Will I still be able to enjoy sex or will it be uncomfortable? Oh gosh...why me? Lol
|
12 >>