Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Ovulation, Getting Pregnant

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
How many days after your period do you normally start ovulating? My period is usually around the 27th-29th of each month and last about 5 days. I know at this time I don't have anything to worry about since this is only our second month at trying to get pregnant. Hope someone can help me on this small tid bit. Smile

stacey
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 16th, 2004
Experienced User
Good luck in ttc we are going to start next week but generally a 28 day cycle means that u ovulate around the middle day 14 give or take. Altho some women dont ovulate at all and then there are those women who ovulate more than once during their cycle.

I have heard and im not sure if its true or not but around the time of ovulation women discharge some sticky gooey substance which is apparently what helps keep the sperm alive or something like this im not sure so dont quote me.

Good luck and I hope it works out for ya

from someone who cant wait to have a jelly bean all of thier own
|

Anonymous
Getting Preg.
Coming from experiance it is good to know when you
are ovulating so try the ovulation kits(at any drug store )
or do the temp. Charting than you will know for certian when
and if you are ovulating.
It is very helpful and helps in giving you the perfect timeline
to work with!
Good luck
|

Ovulating
Ok, well I am on day 16. So we will see. We really havn't been trying to get pregnant, but have stopped all preventions of not getting pregnant. Figure if it happens great, if not its ok. But of course that though is in my mind of having a baby, so its disappointing when my period pops up. Thanks everyone for the answers.

Stacey
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile