Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

25days No Date With the !**@!......

Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....
Hey friends,

I had quit on 31st may and its 24th june 25 days completed and !**@! didn’t get a date... It is saying I hate you and my heart saying I love you.

Marvin.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 10th, 2006
Hey
Hello again.

I have been quit since 5 months and 10days. Feeling real fresh and everything became perfect in life.

Marvin.
|

replied October 16th, 2006
Experienced User
I have been quit for a while now. I know the date and time when I quit. But I dont count days.

Counting days to me is just a sign of craving a cigarette. It is a sign that half of me does not enjoy being a non-smoker. Seeing how I do not count days, I am not craving a cigarette and I am enjoying 100% not smoking. I never doubt my decision.

If anyone one wants to know how I quit smoking easily, and enjoyed every minute of it, with out cravings, or needing will power, just ask me here, or in the quit smoking section, or you can pm me. There is no gimmick, no tricks, and I want no money or anything like that.

All I can say is allen carr.
|

replied November 25th, 2006
Hello makoto,

i liked your point of not to count days. Well when you don’t need money or anything why don’t you just share it here or post a new topic.

We will be waiting for your helpful informative post about quit smoking.

Marvin.
|

replied December 10th, 2006
the Power of Suggestion Is a Great Tool
Be sure that you are well rested and pick a day for your quitting that you feel energized and willing to stick to your guns. Do not just start for the sake of starting to quit!

You can make psychology work to your advantage and in your favor, which might actually get your results that can actually last and succeed. No anger, resentment, feelings of failure and the like will plague you any longer. You will be learning and claiming that smoking is bad for you and that quitting is a great pleasure and reward in and of itself to take you on that road of success of ridding your life, routine and health of smoking!

The three techniques individually and collective that we propose involve elements of relaxing and relaxation techniques, projection type visualization or envisioning and even some professional or self-hypnosis.

Some might have success right away in a couple of days, for others it might take a little longer. This is the positive steps/step that you are taking of really having that last cigarette – determined to quit once and for all and making it work, stick and last! You will know it and claim it. You will make it happen!

The power of suggestion is a great tool to rid your life of smoking for good.

Marvin.
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Um, !**@!? Were you addicted to being gay? What do you mean by that?
|

replied February 12th, 2007
A quick update.........247 days..........

Marvin.
|

Experienced User
He means ciggarette when he said !**@! Laughing
|

Experienced User
Marvin. Congratulations. But you know you are going to have to give up counting some day. Why count the days. You have quit move on. You are not a smoker anymore. Unless, you are still thinking like one.

Ask yourself why are you still counting the days??? What is making you do that??? It feels good, but it still seems to me you think that at times a cigarette would be a good thing, but you use will power and do not smoke.

Is that the case??

Nonetheless, keep doing what you are doing. It seems to be working. Congratulations again.
|

replied March 12th, 2007
Well Makoto, some ways counting days is good and in others you are absolutely correct about it.......well may be I will forget counting soon...who knows...thank you for the note......

Marvin.
|