Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Tongue Infection

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hi all. I'm new to the forum so i'm not sure if anyone here is qualified to give me a diagnostic answer or opinion but I really hope you guys can help me.

Ever since march I have been troubled with this very strange recurrence. It always happens during my sleep. I'll wake-up in the morning with this infection of some sort on my tongue. It looks like bite marks, and for awhile I was considering this to be the cause because it always occures on the side of my tongue. However, i've pretty much ruled out this possiblity because the most recent infection I was half asleep and actually felt this tingling sensation on the side of my tongue. These strange infections are very painful and feels like my tongue is swollen, but this isn't the only problem. The infection is always accompanied by extreme fatigue and muscle ache. I mean I feel like junk!

The fatigue and muscle ache goes away by the end of the day and i'll feel like my body is back to normal, however the tongue infection is present for sometime and usually goes away after a full week! Finally, this thing hits me once every month, but lately the past 6 weeks it's come about every 2 weeks.

I've been to 3 different doctors here in dallas and unfortunately none of them have been about to diagnose this problem! I'm forking a lot of money out for the doctor bills, yet all i'm getting is "i don't know's" and referrals. My next step is to see a dentist, someone who deals with "oral" practice, but my frustration is at the breaking point! If anyone here at this forum can give me any advice or possible answer to what in the world this thing is I will be forever grateful!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper TDajon
|

replied August 3rd, 2005
Tongue Infection
Hi tdajon I have the same problem as well
did you ever find out a cure for this problem
or find out what exactly this is I would also be forever greatful
thank you
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply