Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

How Many Days After Your Period Can You Get Pregnant? (Page 1)

Ok i'm wondering here. I ended my period on june 14... When can I get pregnant. My boyfriend and I are trying to have a baby. I never kept track of my period because I wasn't planning on having a baby yet. But were ready now. My periods usually last 6-7 days. I have no clue if it's a 28 day thing or longer. What do you think? When should I be able to get pregnant...?? How many days after your period can u get pregnant?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bootie_licious_077
|

replied June 18th, 2006
Experienced User
You can get pregnant at anytime...But I guess if your trying and want the best result i've heard its like 10 days after your period is when you ovulate? Could be wrong.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied April 19th, 2013
You really could have answered that with out being completely mean and making that girl feel stupid. She was just trying to help. You might have a degree in biology but you sure don't in psychology or how to deal with people. Check yourself next time you feel like putting someone down!
|

replied June 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You cannot get pregnant at any time. There is a specific time for each individual. It depends on how long your cycles are...Not the lenght of your period...Your cycle is from day 1 of your period until day 1 of your next. You need to start tracking your cycles . For example if oyu have a 28 day cycle , your most likely to ovulate on or around day 14 of your cycle and intercourse days prior such as day 11, 12, 13 most likely to get you pregnant. The longer the cycle the more likely ovulation is delayed ...You ovulate 14 days prior to your next period on average....No matter how long your cycle is. You need to start knwoing your body and tracking your periods is you want to achieve a quicker conception.
|
Users who thank Emma2 for this post: Splanglish 

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2012
um yeah u can get pregant any time after your period but you do need to know the length between your cycles
|

replied January 8th, 2013
OMFG! You don't have to have a degree in Biology (but I do) to do a little research. You cannot get pregnant at any time. An egg is only viable 24-48 hours. Sperm are viable in female reproductive track for 2-5 days. So in a month's time depending on viability of the sperm and when egg is released she has a window of 4-10 days. So if you're trying to get pregnant think of it as 4 days. And if you're not trying, then use some birth control!
|

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2013
Yes i watched a science video and you are absolutely correct because i remember after my period and between those times and to the point now i am pregnant and the times match up with what you are saying if that makes sense... lol best answer goes to you (:
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2012
um yeah u can get pregant any time after your period but you do need to know the length between your cycles
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2012
|

replied July 18th, 2012
Can you get preagnant two weeks after your period
Thats common sence answers.Your not answering the full question.The question is can you get pregnant two weeks after your period? Yes or No? The knowing your body and tracking your periods is common sence that we all woman already know.Its our bodies.
|

replied October 24th, 2012
Common sense has nothing to do with this, and how are you going to rephrase her question. Your talking about common sense and can't even spell the word right.
|
Users who thank user558718 for this post: tanyanunn 

replied June 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Oh Yes You Can.
Before you go and shoot your mouth off telling girls you cant get pregnant at anytime maybe you should do some research. But since you obvisouly didnt I did for you. And I quote:

"there is a lot of confusion among women on whether or not you can get pregnant from intercourse after ovulation. And the correct answer is, yes you can. Actually, there is a chance that you can get pregnant any time during your cycle. Hence it is imperative that you understand your menstruation pattern and ovulation timings to understand how and when you may get pregnant."

the souce is here take out capitals since it tends to do that when you post a site: Babyhopes.Com/articles/afterovulation.html

you shouldnt post that you cant get pregnant at anytime esp since there are many young teens on here who will believe you.
|
Users who thank daretoswim7709 for this post: Denae 

replied April 3rd, 2012
Can you still get pregnant if you have sex week later after the 14 days of your last period?
|

replied June 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Re: Oh Yes You Can.
daretoswim7709 wrote:
before you go and shoot your mouth off telling girls you cant get pregnant at anytime maybe you should do some research. But since you obvisouly didnt I did for you. And I quote:

"there is a lot of confusion among women on whether or not you can get pregnant from intercourse after ovulation. And the correct answer is, yes you can. Actually, there is a chance that you can get pregnant any time during your cycle. Hence it is imperative that you understand your menstruation pattern and ovulation timings to understand how and when you may get pregnant."

the souce is here take out capitals since it tends to do that when you post a site: http://www.Babyhopes.Com/articles/afterovu lation.html

you shouldnt post that you cant get pregnant at anytime esp since there are many young teens on here who will believe you.

actually, you need to read what she said and read is slower this time without jumping on that singular statement 'you cannot get pregnant at any time'. She goes on to say 'there is a specific time for each individual.'

sheesh. Message boards!
|

replied June 19th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Oh Yes You Can.
daretoswim7709 wrote:
before you go and shoot your mouth off telling girls you cant get pregnant at anytime maybe you should do some research. But since you obvisouly didnt I did for you. And I quote:

the souce is here take out capitals since it tends to do that when you post a site: http://www.Babyhopes.Com/articles/afterovu lation.Html

seems to me the one shooting off her mouth is none other than you! Re-read my post and zip it please! I am very well educated for your info!
|

replied March 28th, 2012
I need some advise me and my fiance of 8 years are trying to have a baby my period last month and my period this month on the 21st of march is about 31-32 days we have not had sex yet waiting for the 10 days to pass did I miss my chance to get pregnant
|

replied June 19th, 2006
Experienced User
I already said I was sorry...Hopefully that ends this.
|

replied June 26th, 2008
hi all xx
i am an 18 year young woman and myself and my boyfriend have been together for almost 4 years now and we have been engaged for 3 and half years Smile we are trying for a baby but my periods havent been regular recently because i was on the pill but i stopped taking it on 2nd march and not had a period since until i woke up this morning and saw a little blood, i was so happy cuz i was getting very worried. anyway now that im on my period, when would you think i can get pregnant? i know that with every woman that wants a baby can get pregnant at the same time after there period, no matter what day they stop or start, im sure everyone can get pregnant at so many days after there period, i just cant remember how many though lol. anyway i hope to hear from any of you soon. please reply back to me, thanks keirrie xx
|

replied October 6th, 2011
hi i had my period on sep22/11 jus had sex on the 5th of this month what r my chances of getting pregnant
|

replied June 26th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Re: hi all xx
k xx wrote:
i am an 18 year young woman and myself and my boyfriend have been together for almost 4 years now and we have been engaged for 3 and half years Smile we are trying for a baby but my periods havent been regular recently because i was on the pill but i stopped taking it on 2nd march and not had a period since until i woke up this morning and saw a little blood, i was so happy cuz i was getting very worried. anyway now that im on my period, when would you think i can get pregnant? i know that with every woman that wants a baby can get pregnant at the same time after there period, no matter what day they stop or start, im sure everyone can get pregnant at so many days after there period, i just cant remember how many though lol. anyway i hope to hear from any of you soon. please reply back to me, thanks keirrie xx

Women ovulate 2 weeks before their next period. So it you have a perfect 28 day cycle, you would ovulate on day 14 - having sex on days 12-14 would be your best bet to get pregnant.
|

replied June 26th, 2008
oh right thanks! although cuz i have just started my periods again im not sure how long my cycle would be, i suppose i will know when it comes i guess. if its all over the place then i guess i will just have to keep having sex (and enjoying it, not just having it cuz i want a baby) and then take a test after so long of not having a period, does that make sense to you? keirrie xx
|

replied June 26th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Thats usually how it goes. You'll wind up pregnant eventually.
|

replied December 10th, 2008
need an answer
ok im a lesbian and my girlfriend and i want a baby i have been doing what i needed to in order to try to get pregnant hating every min of it lol is there anything else we can do to make my chances higher i understand the 28 day cycle thing but are u higher before or after ur period
|

replied February 10th, 2009
Wanting a baby!
Hey!!!
so ive been with my fiance 4 years.
And he is about to move away for 3 months at a time due to his job.
So with valentines day popping up i thought it would be an awesome time to try for a baby (as this is what we both want) we get married in 4 weeks and i wont see him till then.
So my period ends on the 13th (3 days from now)
...i think i might be wishing really hard to get pregnant on the 14th!! but its SOOOO WANTED!!!
So im guessing im gonna have to wait till the wedding to try again then
Let me know!!
Aimz
|

replied April 16th, 2009
We are Planing for a baby
Hie!!!
I have married for a year and half and I am 23. I want to get Pregant first in Jan & Feb i got the Period on the 2 3 4 on these days and then in March and April i got on the 11th and 12th every month for (4to 5days) and I want to know when should i intercourse after my period r over toget Pregant.PLEASE Reply to me Thanks
|

replied April 18th, 2009
Hopelessly Wondering....
I haven't had a normal period in years and after going to the doctor and losing some weight my period started regulating itself...since December my periods have been accurate and I can even track it now do to almost the day that it would come one... Needless to say I engaged in intercourse and it actually has me wondering right now.. mainly because of the dull cramping, and every now and then my breast are tender...I know people would say well test but my thing is that my lifestyle with him is very active and not once in months of unprotected have I gotten pregnant..I am not sure what I should do my last cycle ended like three weeks ago and we had sex both the 7th and the 11th... my period is like 35 days days apart..
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2009
ok so im new to this and i was wondering if any of you all could tell me what the chances of me being pregnant would be..my period ended on the 28th of may and me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the 7th of june...please help me!!
|

replied June 17th, 2009
WANT THIS BABY
june 11-16 was my period ... i dont know when we should have sex again to get pregnant i was hoping to get pregnant before july any answers would help.... we had sex almost 3 weeks ago trying to get pregnant VERY HARD!!!!
i just really think it will be hard to get pregnant before july... if i can i need to know
|

replied November 3rd, 2009
preg
so my first day of last period was Sept 27,2009 and I have taken preg test after preg test all negative last one was saturday ( due date for period was 10/26/09) could I be pregnant?
|

replied November 17th, 2009
Help!
Hi everyone! I have a question and hopefully someone can answer this for me...
My menstrual cycle is about 30 or 32 days. The beginning of my last period was Oct. 22nd and the last time i had unprotected sex was Nov. 11th. Is there a chance that i could be pregnant??
|
Users who thank musikangel_15 for this post: Kendra25 

replied November 17th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
let me make this very clear...ANY time you have unprotected sex you are taking that chance...sperm can live up to 5 days after intercourse...wait for your next period, if you skip it then you need to test..next time use some condoms or get on the pill!
|