Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

So Happy!!!!!!!!!!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
The doctors cut away the remaining lump and removed 7 lymph nodes for testing and the cancer hasn't spread! I'm so unbelieveably happy but i'm not out of the woods yet. He called my cancer ductal carcinoma in situ (stage 0) it could come back and I must go back for checkups and perform regular breast checks as pregnancy can accelarate cancer growth.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Community Volunteer
I'm glad things weren't too bad sweetie.
Hope you feel better soon.

Your doctor must be a bit keen lol.
It's quite rare for them to remove lymph nodes if the .D.C.I.S is non invasive (graded as low), as .D.C.I.S doesn't usually spread to them.

Have you a history of breast cancer in your family?

Hope your healing goes well :) xxx
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yeah my grandma and grandma's grandma (grandma was succesfully treated) her grandma passed away. The doctor wanted to removed lymph nodes as with my past 2 pregnancies being one after the other, and being pregnant again, there was a chance all those hormones could of accelarated it.
He was actually basically telling me that it most probably has and I was worrying my a$$ off. He only graded after removing them. I won't go into it but i'm actually thinking of suing as I don't believe he did his job properly in diagnosing me and think I should of got a scan or something....
I''m really sore but i'm happy so thats the main thing and I believe everything happens for a reason and now I feel fiercely protective over my unborn baby after the though I may lose him/her
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Community Volunteer
That's probably why he did remove them because of your pregnancies.

Wow so he didn't even get you a mammogram? You need to complain sweets and say you want a mammogram to check the other breast - it'll show up on the mammogram (even if you don't have a lump) as microcalcification.
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Thanks I definately will complain. I said I wanted to see my normal doctor for a second opinion but she was on maternity leave
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Supporter
So great to hear .Beckster!!!

I was worried about you!
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Thanks michelle. I feel so happy at the mo like nothing can bring me down! I haven't felt like this in years!
|

replied June 18th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Y.A.Y !!!! C.O.N.G.R.A.T.S becks thats great news!!
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Thanks allie. Your a darling

<hugs>

:d
|

replied June 18th, 2006
Experienced User
I luv my beckster... Yay!! <3<3<3<3
|

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Im so glad to hear your good news beck! Things can only get better hun!
*hugs*
|

User Profile
replied June 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Glad you could gt that sh*t removed!
|