Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Depo Shot, Unprotected Sex.

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
My girlfriend took the shot for the first time around february last year. That was the only shot until march of this year, which was the second shot she had had her whole life. We had unprotected sex two days ago, on wednesday. Today was the the day she was suposed to get her shot renewed. When we had unprotected sex, I didn't ejaculate in her, and I have never had precum come from me ever before in my life. What are the chances of her getting pregnant? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
She is supposed to get the shot every 3 months!!!! Not once a year...Did you not know this???

Precum can make a woman pregnant, and you honestly would not know if it came out or not..Right before a man ejaculates fully a little semen will seep out. I would say her chances of being pregnant are iffy..The fact is you are supposed to get the shot every 3 months, and as long as you get it on time every 3 months , you are safe... She could have ovulated before the shot, and if any semen came out of you she theoretically could get pregnant.

If you are worried, the morning after pill would be a great idea!
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
Depo
I Dont know if it is too much information , but what happens if you have sex the last day of your period and you get your first depo shot the day after .. are you safe from pregnancy ?
|