Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Green Mucus In Stool

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
Okay so here is the deal with me.

I am a female age 30.

With a strong family history of cancer.

My mother had breast cancer
my mother's sister and her two daughters had breast, lung, and blood cancer.

Grandma had it. And so on.

For about a little over a year now, I have noticed I have allot of problems with my intestines or something. They always feel like they are churning or something. I have had excessive gas to the point that I look 9 months pregnant. It is so painful that I can barely walk. It has started to get worse and worse to the point I am now scared of eating. Everytime I do, I bloat up and it hurts. I have constipation all the time. And I feel that I cannot get the stools out. And when I do, it feels like there is some left behind that I cannot get out. For the past 5 months I have noticed my stool is covered in slime, or mucus. Before it was like clear, then yellow. And now the mucus is dark olive green. And two days ago I noticed I felt "moisture" "back there" and I went to go check, and I now have started oozing green mucus from "back there". I always feel my intestines moving or twisting or something. I have gas like all day everyday. I don't eat fried foods, I don't eat dairy, I don't eat red meat. And I eat very very healthy. I eat a high fiber diet and drink lots of water. Yet I feel tired and fatiqued all the time and my stomach always is a problem. So I don't understand. Should I be worried? What could it be? Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper jentmy
|

replied January 31st, 2008
I don't have an answer...
I have similar symptoms but I was told about two years ago that I have IBS diarrhea. I have had all the symptoms and I am still suffering from it but I have noticed that mucus has become much more apparent. I do not know why but I have tried all of the medications out there and I have been to 3 different GI doctors and no one has any answers. I am only 23 and I have not had these sever symptoms until two years ago. I hope I can find out some answers soon, it is not easy to go about daily routine or work each day when I feel this bad. I did try one antibiotic that helped for a few months but my symptoms are back and worse. I would get back on the medicine but it is not for IBS so the FDA will not approve it for my symptoms. I hope some one has some answers soon, and good luck to you. Confused
|

replied December 21st, 2008
??
Did you ever find out what this was? I am having the exact same symptoms!
|

replied January 9th, 2009
same kinda
im 23/m and Ive got the same symptoms but also with intense violent vomiting right after i wake up.Ive had this problem since i was 19 and have always had bad heart burn problems, but Ive lost many jobs, and my wife is getting mad at me all the time because it gets so bad i just cant move or eat or anything, and its funny but the only thing that has ever lulled the problems was marijuana.
|

replied February 16th, 2009
NAPOM
You need to get an upper GI immediately. I ahad one 9yrs ago and i'm on prilosec the rest of my life. i have severe esophogaities which is my esophogus deteriorating along with my stomach flap. I have to have these procedures every two years to monitor or it can be cancerous! get ir done! YOUR SYMPTOMS AND MINE ARE IDENTICAL. IF I SKIP THE PILL ... I WILL DIE!
|

replied August 19th, 2009
napom
napOm..

honestly, my bf had the same problem for the longest time, until he stopped smoking.

gained 15 pounds since he stopped and does not have any of the symptoms anymore. sometimes marijuana upsets the stomach and makes you go to the bathroom even more then normally...try it for a little bit and see if it works.

good luck
|

replied September 2nd, 2009
Have you tried taking advice from a doctor? The symptoms seems so disturbing. You must act now before more serious come.

|

replied September 9th, 2009
Here's wht my daughter did.
My daughter had some of the same symptoms except she didn't have heartburn that I know of and she tried several things but one thing that helped her was a fiber drink that has like 4 times the fiber of anything on the market. She and her husband both drink it everyday.
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2010
You all should be looking into a tape worm or some parasites that cuase many of the symptoms. I have been down this road & it was rough. I thought I was going to die, serious. It was so bad I felt like I was in labor. Mediccation is toxic but works, then switch to herbal types. It can come from meats, or many other things. MANY DOCTORS WILL IGNORE THIS POSSIBILTY! You need to start taking photos or videos & tracking your true symptoms. I had false negative stool & blood work for a long summer. As I got sicker & sicker, I just knew the answer was not IBS or Fibermyalgia, I WAS RIGHT! each person sounds very familiar. Cysts or boils & skin problems can be related too. You will be amazed what may come out if you are properly treated & indeed it is a parasite. Do not allow them to tell you that you are dylusional, it is real push for answers!
|

replied May 15th, 2010
You should also consider celiac disease which can become aparent in your thirties.
|

replied June 8th, 2010
im only 17 and when i go to the toilet my feces is watery and there is a thick yellow color on it.and when i wash it is like a mucous and smells like blood...help me....
|

replied August 16th, 2010
in some cases it could be from a sexual transmitted disease like clamydia.. you can get it in ypu mouth anal and the vagina and penis.. it also causes mucus
it could be yellowish or clear and a bit smelly. you can also have abdomanal pain and mucus on th anal.. so
all you guy should also check for clamydia!
|

replied September 12th, 2010
Colon debris, mucous, can be eliminated
I do retention organic coffee enemas 4 X a week. 20-30 minutes before I take psyllium seed fiber in water. I do one garlic [one clove in blender, then strained] enema first. Then coffee 2 X. Retaining a total of at least 20 minutes. I agree parasites can be a problem. They can be in more of internal organs than just intestines.
|

replied December 22nd, 2010
Blood & mucus in stool - do colonoscopy!
OK I don't want to scare you all with this news but whatever symptoms you have with your stool - be it blood, mucus or watery, pls do a colonoscopy check. My husband had blood in his stool and got treated as piles but the bleeding persists. He then changed doctor and immediately the doctor arranged for colonoscopy (where they put a camera thru your anus into the big intestine).
They found a growth in the big intestine and took some sample to the lab. They found it to be malignant cancer cell & had spread to his liver, lung & bone. It is 4th stage colon cancer.
He is now on chemotherapy. And his stool now becomes slimy with mucous, sometimes with slight bleeding. No pain. He also goes to toilet for at least 5 times a day and pass out liquid and not solid. He will be going to see the oncologist and check if it is getting better or worse with the liquid motion.
|

replied October 22nd, 2011
sounds similar
I have some of these symptoms as well, mucous in the stool and sometimes just mucous. it was clear and now it is green. I am only 24 years old. I have been sick since I was in ninth grade with what they thought was endometriosis. now we are not sure if I even have that but I have a slew of new symptoms. I am in constant pain, my abdomen is swollen and the pain is from my ribs the my abdomen, pelvic region, and even radiates in my back some days. I am nauseous a lot of the time, and I get very dizzy sometimes. I am fatigued all the time, and I have been on medical leave from work since July. I am currently on vicodin for the pain. My doctors have done a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and found nothing. We are running out of ideas. Been tested for food allergies and celiac disease and we got none of that. I am so tired of being sick and I know something is seriously wrong with me.
|

replied April 17th, 2012
look at your gallbladder
|

replied February 3rd, 2012
read about MMS JIM HUMBLE on the internet IT WORKS
|

replied June 30th, 2012
Blend a fourth cup of papaya seeds with two teaspoons of
Honey drink that every morning for ten days that is a known cure
For intestinal parasites
|

replied April 17th, 2013
green muscus
i have found green mucus wheni try use bath room drak green can you help me i didnt use bath room sometime i cant use it sometimes i have runs i crap really bad
|

replied April 17th, 2013
green muscus
i have found green mucus wheni try use bath room drak green can you help me i didnt use bath room sometime i cant use it sometimes i have runs i crap really bad
|