Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Can a Uti Cause Neg Prego Tests? Opinions!

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I went to the doctors because my period is 4-5 days late. My lmp was may 16th...And I have been feeling light headed and dizzy and at times queezy and at times loss of appetite or I get full quick. So my breasts/nipples have been sore for a while and I have noticed I can see veins on them more, and fuller. Also, if you read previous posts im not on bc and hause pull out method, but not all the time.

So. I never had any signs that I had a uti, there was a time after sex where it hurt to pee, but I thought, not enough lubrication. So I went to the docs thinking I have to be prego I have full blown prego signs and im 4 days late.......Well turns out im not pregnant and I have a advanced uti so im on medication for 3 days then 7-10 days if it hasnt gone away. Is the doctors pee test for prego more accurate or should I wait another week and test again? I have no signs of pms or any cramps cravings, etc...Like I usually do when im expecting or late.

My question is could a severe uti w/ possibly kidney infection or urethrea cause my period to jsut not come at all? Because they told me the reason I was feeling so so sick was my uti.

Or could it be im prego, I have even had abdominal crampingbut lower near my pubic area and I am bloated. Could a uti cause an incorrect reading?

I do know , though that I live at my boyfriends most of the nights and we have unprotected sex often, so there have been a large number of times ( as alays if you read my posts) from may 17- until present that pre cum or he came inside me. So

just wanna know how serious uti and being prego is linked.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mrsjuicemaker
|

replied June 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
No its not suppose to affect your cycle. Many pregnancy women get that even beofre they know they are pregnant. In any case it shouldnt affect your cycle or interfere with detecting pregnancy. Good luck.
|

replied June 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with emma, a uti shouldn't alter a pregnancy test either way. If you think you are preggers and you have had a neg pee test request a blood test and that will not leave the question if you are or arent.
|

replied June 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
sandralynn wrote:
shut up.

want some hamburger helper ??
|

replied June 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
sandralynn wrote:
lmao

sweaty cardboard balls!!!

and some creamy toe jam on the side?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Crunchy taco hamburger helper shoebox, sweetballs on the side, with peppermint ice cream(and I am not even pregnant).
But to answer your question, anything is possible. Your uti could be part of your pregnancy signs and just remember that if you are on b/c and do not want to get pregnant that your meds could mess up your b/c pills. I hope you feel better soon!
Good luck!
And if you do want a baby, then, baby dust to you.
|

replied June 16th, 2006
O00o0oooo
Well ladies, thanks for the shopping lists and also the comments.

I'm just disappointed. I want more out of my relationship!! It's been 3 years, I want a baby..I really do. I look around and it seems like everyone is happy and has a child to look after and care for and just share their life with. I know im going to marry this guy and he really wants to wait until he is about 30-40 to have a baby. I know im young but 3 years now, so what another idk like 20 give or take a few.

Both our parents are older in their 60's, my grandparents have no great grand children and you never know what the future brings.I am ready and we have unprotected sex so we know what could happen, so if I were to be pregnant I am def. Stepping up to the plate.

It is just so weird. I feel like I may never be pregnant again. Especially since I have all these weird stomache issues and a utithat I never really had symptoms too, I feel like there is something wrong that the docs are missing cuz I havent gotten a u/s and I will never have any kids.

But uhm yeah. These posts make me sad and paranoyed cuz I think everything is my period or preg. Or just "oh im sick" after reading some of the posts.

So I still havent gotten my period and don't feel any cramps, so idk..

Go0d night!
|

replied August 30th, 2009
I had an Uti and my pregnancy test came back negative..But when the Uti was over and all the meds were taken, I took a test and I was pregnant..So I feel that there is a possibility that you could be pregnant..You will just have to go and take another test.
|

replied February 8th, 2012
uti ...false neg... sore nipples... no period .. am i pregnant
I had a uti n i have a missed period and sore nipples n wen i smell dink foods i wanna puke. N it came out neg. So does it mean the test was a false neg? N i should take it again?
|

replied August 31st, 2009
Yep I'm freaking out , mine was due almost 7 days ago, iwent to the docs two weeks ago for something and she told me I got uti and to wait till I get my periodbefore taking antibiotics I've been waiting and nothing, I'm worried but don't remember having any accidents with my bf even thou we don't use protection we are always careful. I'm going to wait a few more days and go to gp for ablood test.. I have also started a new now and aparantly I have taken the prego chair in the office , I hope the chair doesn't prove them all right Sad
|