Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Mysterious Chest Pain...help!

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am a healthy 25 year old who exercises regularly. For three days now I have had some sharp chest pain that comes and goes. It radiates into my neck sometimes and I feel dizzy. At work today, I felt like I was going to faint from dizziness. It hurts particularly when I breathe in, but when I lift my arms above my head and stretch in certain positions it seems to stop. I recently broke my foot, and have been on crutches, and I am wondering if this pain could be caused by the new and much more frequent use of the muscle groups in my upper body. My family also has a history of upper g.I. Issues (reflux, heartburn) and though I have had symptoms for that, this feels different. I work in a hospital, and my pulse is 60, my blood pressure is 108/65 and they hooked me up to a heart monitor and the rhythm appears completely normal. This pain is so strange. It makes me feel at times like someone is sitting on my chest, but at the same time it doesn't feel like it is coming from my lungs somehow. It is very sharp at times and initially began as only discomfort about two days ago. It almost feels like it is at the base of my throat sometimes. Ibuprofen seems to lessen it, and I have been taking samples of prevacid for the reflux, though I only started it today, so there is no way to tell if that is the issue at all. I guess my question is, is it normal to get that sort of pain from overuse of muscles? I have gone into the e.R. With chest pain before, just last november, and they said it could be anxiety because I was going through a lot at the time, but I am not anxious at all unless I think too much about the chest pain! I don't know what the problem is. If I was having a heart attack, would it show up on a heart monitor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 13th, 2006
Reply to "chest Pain Issue"
I actually have the same problem with this pain!!! What I wonder is though ... Is the pain right under your ribs.. Like in the center???? If this is the case I have the same problem!!!! I am a 22 years old and I stay in shape but I also smoke !!!! Acid reflux is what the docter thinks it is. I don't think my smoking helps at all but even as a young girl I would get myself all excited and then have pains. I take acid reflux pills to take care of the problem but it seems that they don't always work!!! What I really wonder is..... Is this really acid reflux??? Or is this somthing that seems like acid reflux but really is more then that !!! Today I took a acid reflux pill this morning but started having pain tonight and I am not sure why if I took a pill??? If I push right under my ribs in the center its a "sick" feeling...Hard to explain!!!!
|

replied November 4th, 2010
- Omg I GET THIS HEart Pain REALLY BAd To The Point Wear I Cry Im Only 12 years old and its a very strong pain i seen to be geting in my cheast i get dizzy and sometimes i feel like im just going to pass out any second can someone Please help !!!!!
|