Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Hot Water Feeling Down Leg (Page 1)

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
Hey, I have a question. For the past week, my right leg has this hot water feeling down the leg. It has only happened twice, like all day. Does anybody know what this is?? Its not my whole leg, just little part
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rach28
|

replied June 13th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Very possible that you could have something pressing on your l4/l5 nerve root. (siatica) you might want to go to your doc and see if he/she can give you some anti-inflamitories and maybe muscle relaxers/pain meds.

Waiting for this to subside is not the right thing to do, you don't know what is causing this and it would be a good idea to find out.

Good luck,
brian
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Is it possible that I could have slept on it wrong?? And what could be pressing on that?
|

User Profile
replied March 20th, 2012
Hello Sherry just joined this site as been having these warm "feeling" sensations going down my right leg from the knee downwards . Happens whether sitting down or upright . Noticed your message and wondered if you found out what it was ?
Also had some minor back tension on my right side but think that is just muscular and hopefully not related . D
|

replied August 29th, 2012
Hi--I just joined this site, too, and have had the same feeling for the past few days--several times a day. Did you ever find out what your symptoms were from?
|

replied June 13th, 2006
When it comes to pain, there does not need to be an explaination. It just is and that is reason enough.

Your anatomy is changing all the time and if something shifted within the spinal column you may not know it for a long time and then whamo you are in pain and searching for an explaination.

Your best bet is to schedule an appointment with your primary care doc and get some diagnostic radiology done. Nothing may show up but that will not take away the fact that you have pain. If there is nothing on the x-rays, ask for a referal to an orthopedic surgeon and see if they can fnd something and begin a treatment regimine.

Good luck,
brian
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Its not in pain, theres no swelling, no redness, its just a hot feeling in one spot, on the side of my leg
|

replied June 13th, 2006
I guess bascially it would be best for you to go to your doc. I cannot tell what is going on but I do know that the lumbar nerve roots at l5/s1 and l4/l5 have alot to do with pain in the buttocks and legs.

Of course I am not a doc and cannot even pretend to have all of the answers and in your case it sounds like I may not even be on the right road to helping you figure this out.

Good luck and keep us posted as to how you do,
brian :)
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2006
Experienced User
I've been trying to find a way to say exactly how it feels, and the best that I can come up with.... It feels like you just put icy hot on your leg. No cold feeling, just the hot, it comes and goes.
|

replied June 13th, 2006
It sounds to me like it could be pain/hotness generated by pressure being placed on the siatic nerve root. That or there may be a nerve in your leg that has been agitated.

Only your doc can help you to deal with this issue. They may tell you to take some alieve or motrin and get some rest to see if it will help. Then again, they may want some diagnostic radiology to see if there is a bone/muscle issue that needs further treatment.

My best guess is they will give you a prescription for physical therapy and tell you to take some otc medicine.

You wont get any answers though until you go see your doc. ( I have to tell my wife that all the time :) )

good luck,
brian
|

replied April 12th, 2008
hot spot on the back of the leg
I have been having a hot feeling on the back of one of my thighs. No pain just the hotness comes and goes for no reason. Saw my doctor and he was perplexed. I am going to see a neurologist about this. Anyone experience this?
|

replied January 10th, 2012
I am having the very same thing on my left back hip area. Have you received anything to explain this yet?
|

replied April 18th, 2008
i actually just posted in the womens chat about having a hot sensation on my hip or where the "love handles" are..very very weird..totally freakin me out! lol its not in pain not even red just comes and goes like a heating pad being on and off me.
|

replied August 1st, 2008
I just googled this and am having the same thing, only down the front of my thigh and closer to the knee. It's getting more and more frequent and is freaky. No pain though. Did you get this sorted out?
|

replied January 21st, 2009
Warm leg
I have had a similar thing happen recently too. It actually feels like a warm wet spot on my thigh. I often check to make sure it is not spilled coffee or something. It comes and goes. Really weird, but no pain at all. I am 45 and this just started about a month ago.
|

replied February 20th, 2009
Warm buttocks
I've been getting a similar feeling in my right butt cheek. It's that feeling you get when you put your trousers in the tumble dryer and put them on and a hot metal bit has touched your skin. Doesn't burn just a warm hot feeling, very small though. No pain. Just comes and goes. Could this be the same thing?
|

replied November 21st, 2012
I just joined after reading your post... I too have been getting a "hot" spot that comes and goes on my right buttocks over the past few days. I'm not sure what's causing it, and was worried that I was the only one that felt this. Like you, there's no red spot, swelling, or other indication that there is something wrong on the actual spot. My thought is that it has something to do with the nerves. Possibly a nerve is getting pinched by the spinal cord somewhere and is radiating this feeling occationally. No pain, just like you said, just a feeling of heat in one spot.
|

replied February 20th, 2009
Hot Water Feeling Down Leg
My symptoms have gone away. I'm still curious though in case they come back. I have tried to do more stretching and walking...but I'm not sure that that is connected to why the feeling has subsided. I'm also very concious about whether I am pressing on my leg (too tight pants, crossing legs, etc.)
|

replied March 1st, 2009
back pain
I had a disc replacement, l5 s1 october 2007. Ever since i still have been hurting. Sometimes worse then before. lately I have had this feeling of like warm water going down my leg.It goes down to my knee. I have had a couple of times where I couldnt tell that I needed to urinate, and I did. All over my couch. So when I felt the warm feeling i thought it had happened again. But everything was dry. What could it be ? Should I go back to my neurologist ? Im 29 male
|

replied April 17th, 2009
Warm wet feeling
I also experienced the same thing: a wet, warm sensation on my upper left thigh. The first time it happened, I thought I might have accidentally spilled something (or pee'ed on myself, not that that has ever happened) but that wasn't the case. The skin doesn't feel warm or wet to the touch, and this sensation only lasts a few seconds.
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Hot Water sensation on the thigh/knee
This is the exact best description of what I am experiencing. I look to see if something warm spilled on my leg right above my knee. Definately, it is NOT sciatica. I have been working out 5 days a week since January and have what I thought was a pulled hamstring. But when I sit for a long period of time, like in the car or at my desk my hamstring area just hurts terribly. My husband is a physical therapist and he said the hot water on the knee sensation is not related to the hamstring or the sciatica but maybe pinched nerve in the back. But I have NO BACK PAIN WHAYSOEVER. I am confused.
|

replied August 29th, 2012
Hi--did you ever find out what was causing this? I have the same thing and am very worried it might be MS (as Dr. Google has been telling me) or possibly a spine tumor. Help!
|

replied November 8th, 2012
i'm curious if you found out why your hamstring area hurts so much after sitting down. i have the same problem...
thanks
|

replied April 21st, 2009
That sounds like Sciatica. Does it tingle or feel numb at all?
|

replied May 15th, 2009
icy hot on my back
I'm feeling what sounds like the same thing, but it's in this one spot on my left shoulder, and it comes and goes, i've been describing it as feeling like there's icy hot rubbed on that spot in my back. It tingles and it would feel numb if it didn't feel so hot or cold or whatever this is.
|

replied June 16th, 2009
omg...i am feeling the same thing in my leg...its in my right lower leg...it literally feels like i rubbed icy hot on it...its a hot/cold sensation. When I don't think about it...I dont experience it, however when I feel it, I start to hone in on it and it's intermittent.
|

replied July 13th, 2009
Possilbe Nerve Issue
This has happened to me about four times now within the last month. It happens when I'm lying down and trying to go to sleep. If I lay one my right and then on my left I begin to feel a hot sensation going down my right leg almost like its being placed in an oven and then my left leg goes completely numb. This entire sensation last for about two to three minutes. If its happening and I try to stand up, I almost fall because my left leg goes numb. Very strange. If anyone out there has any recommendations please let me know.
|

replied March 31st, 2011
Okay, maybe someone here has an answer... maybe not... but I'll ask...

I have the same 'hot water sensation' - only, it's in my butt cheeks, near the anus... The easiest way for me to describe it is in 2 descriptions... Hopefully someone can relate and respond...

Description #1:
About a month and a half ago I went in for an angiogram. They used a new closing procedure on me which left a balloon like thing on the tip of the puncture location. While attaching that balloon thing, I felt the warm blood inside my body shot from my vein and around the inside of my leg... at the time, it felt like it was on the outside of my body but when the procedure was said and done, no sign of exterior blood (they did not wipe or vacuum the area I felt the warmth). That warm blood feeling is what I feel in my butt cheeks, closest to my anus.

Description 2:
Gas... Ever lay a silent one? A very stinky silent one? The kind that, as it comes out, you're thankful a match wasn't nearby... That's the warmth behind it... Just not centered correctly for it to be gas.

Hope someone has an answer...
|

replied August 12th, 2011
This does sound neurological. I would ask for a referral to a neuro to rule out possibility of Multiple Sclerosis.
|