Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

degenerative lumbar spinal stenosis

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Sorry to hear about your back trouble. You should at least get a x-ray or mri done on your back to see what's going on.

I have alot of the same symptoms as you. The pain in the lower back and pain that shoots down my left leg and hurts foot. But I know what causes it. I have degenerative lumbar spinal stenosis. As well as a bunch of other problems.

The only way to know how to help the problem is to first know exactly what it is. I think you should start a diary of what starts the pain, what relieves it, where does it hurt, how long does it last etc. Do that for a week or so then go back to your doctor and demand answers.

I mean I went through the same thing you did. Except I had a ct scan and got sent to a orthopaaedic surgeon and he explained to me what was wrong in doctor speak. So I had no idea how bad my back was. So I bounced around from physio to a chiropractor as well. It's only through being made worse from seeing a chiro. That I finally woke up and have researched what's wrong with me.

I encourage you to find out what's wrong then research it.

Hope this helps!

Rick
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2006
I Hit the Wrong Button!
Woops I hit post new topic instead of reply!
|
Did you find this post helpful?